Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:26 am 

eddcunningham wrote:
I LOVE quintendejonge's entry.
I can't actually explain why, but I love it!

I think the same!
there is just something about it that makes you drift off.
Kinda like your imagining what is on the track round the bend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 am 
Nice enteries so far! havent gotten around to shoot some for the assigment but will keep it in mind. Loads of trains so far hehe

I really like the skateboarder kid, forgot who posted it but it has something special to it, idk what it is. I think i m going to run along something in that them of skateboarind as well but i just dont knw how, i been planning on doing so but just havent gottne the time yeat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:57 pm 
ag, this transportation theme isn't all that simple...

I can't come up with anything good, but I'm not done shooting

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:03 pm 
I have my idea... it just hsent come to play yet....
I dont want to stage my photo... i want it captured naturally....i have 14 more tries at it...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:17 pm 
14 tries, so 1 every day, mm what could that be?? :?:

my job is taking most of my time lately, so i'm note sure if i'm gonna enter this month and i dont have a good idea atm :( 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:51 pm 

well, we already know how great your work is, so, one of these tries will net you the right shot...don't feel alone, I have struggled with this one, too...I was so glib, and thought it would be so easy...it is not..as with everything else, it is better, when you don't have to work so hard, and just let it all fall into place..let the shot come to you.. So, even if the month of April treats your harshly, and you don't think you can make a great shot...there is always gonna be next month...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:22 am 
patti wrote:
well, we already know how great your work is, so, one of these tries will net you the right shot...don't feel alone, I have struggled with this one, too...I was so glib, and thought it would be so easy...it is not..as with everything else, it is better, when you don't have to work so hard, and just let it all fall into place..let the shot come to you.. So, even if the month of April treats your harshly, and you don't think you can make a great shot...there is always gonna be next month...

patti

lol, how do you know how great my work is, i've only talked about it once in the topic "What is your day job?" :D

and indeed if this month doesn't work out, there will allways be the next 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:32 pm 
HS wrote:
patti wrote:

patti

lol, how do you know how great my work is, i've only talked about it once in the topic "What is your day job?" :D

and indeed if this month doesn't work out, there will allways be the next 8)

LOL ..i didnt know if she meant you or me...lol mine is far from great :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:59 pm 

I´m still trying to find my shot. I have it all in my head perfectly, but it might be easier to shoot in May or June...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 pm 

Snozzberry's submission is really nice, i really like the reflection in the mirror. its nice to see the camera and the car behind, gives it a real depth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:50 am 
Questions for h.akbar13...as I have seen posts by you here of locations in the UK....
1) What country was this photo of the speedo taken in, because if it was in the UK it shows a flagrant disregard for the law on speeding 120+ MPH ie in excess of the Motorway limit in the UK of 70 MPH.

2) If this was shot in the UK it was not shot in April as on the speedo it shows outside tempature of 24 degrees celsius and we certainly do not get anywhere near that in April.

Just to put your mind at rest I am not a Police Officer and nothing to do with Law Enforcement whatsoever... it's just that I and many others see speeding just as antisocial as Smoking, Lager Louts, Litter Louts, Hoodys etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:58 am 
Fairground: can you explain what you're idea is behind the picture, i can't see any transport in it.

but maybe it's just me :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:44 am 
Defiance wrote:
if it was in the UK it shows a flagrant disregard for the law on speeding 120+ MPH ie in excess of the Motorway limit in the UK of 70 MPH.

Seriously speaking, we should add in one more rule for 'On Assignment.'
- No law-breaking or life-risking allowed.

SnS :x

HS wrote:
i can't see any transport in it. but maybe it's just me :lol:

and me :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:26 pm 
Sorry all for my misplacing of a the pic . I have posted the correct pic ( I hope this was all right to do, but as you could see the first pic was absolutaly nothing to do with the assignment). Great pics everyone. I had one shot that I really wanted to enter but havent taken it correctly after many attempts so I went with this one .

Hope I get one vote this time lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:11 am 

HS, I was talking to the hawk1973. But that is ok, if ya can't get a shot for this month....because in the months to follow, I would bet that there will be a great opportunity. I sure hope so, because I haven't got one for this month yet, either.

I thought you had posted an iguana, once, or maybe it is on your flicker..

patti

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next