Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:44 pm 
Wow!

very impressive results for this month's assignment! i'll be receiving my dslr next week, so ill see if i can come up with anything good with my compact...

SCREAMnSHOUT i like the colors of your photo, and the "diving" effect the crane gives to the scene

zrmi, your cow is just... magnificient!^^ the blurred background was a good choice, instead of having it all in focus

off to my camera,

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:09 am 

omg. Defiance came thru with a stunning shot...lol I am telling ya, I am working on it, still...lol..

b., orinma, we have got to get our shots up here, or the dang boys are gonna beat us.

and that will never do. who is winning for the January contest? let me go look...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:45 pm 
Love that HDR shot Roy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:25 pm 
Thanks patti and badlyoverdrawnboy it was just a case of waiting for the right moment to go out and get this shot with the sun low behind the building which at this time of year is after 17.00 at this location and only 45 mins to get it done before it is dark.
Actual time spent at the location was 15 minutes and then back to put on computer and then open the 3 images in Photomatix Pro, do a bit of tone mapping in photomatix, save, open in PS3 do nothing else but a resize and final save send to Flickr and then post here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:12 pm 

And looooky what Suffy did wielding a point and shoot..amazin...
I am tellin you we are all getting to be better, day by day...but there is no cure for this photography curse...lol..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:23 am 
Nice shot Quentin! I like your interpretation of the topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:45 am 

yay Quentin....look at this competition really start to get tough...
how are we gonna pick just one?

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:55 am 
zorro - nice silhouette effect :)

Defiance - omg it looks like an animated painting...(This is a good thing for me cos its artistic)

Nick - mean hotel :S I like the man's emotion

Suffy - Again, another beautiful painting but i dont quite like the fact its been edited...Altogether, great for a first submission (The power of compacts! :D )

Quentin - Like grahamnp said, creative representation of your town.

SnS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:03 am 
Even tho Stockholm is a very nice town, specially in the summer, i cant really find a way to present the town in a fair way with just one picture.

Definatelly not in february when everything is dirty and dusty, and there is not very much colors yet as the trees starts to bloom in march/april.

I might however try to get a picture of our royal castle.
I've heard stories that tourists dont know whether or not the castle is our city prison or some kind of bunker.

Cant blame them either !

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:17 pm 
Khol,

I've lived in Göteborg for a while, and when i went to Stockhlom, well the castle wasn't as nice as Versailles :lol:
But it's a great town to shoot! How about the Vasamuseet?
Good luck with that

Thank you for the comments Grahamnp, Patti, SnS. Patti and Grahamnp i'm looking forward to seeing your entries!

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:49 am 

holy schmoly, I am looking forward to my entry, too...lol..Quentin...

And I may just rethink this whole thing, now that I have seen what Lah has done when no one was looking...sheesh.

Incredible workmanship, eye, and inspirational, to boot.

best I have got right now is a bunch a stinky cactus...

this is a short month, right?

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:57 am 
patti wrote:

this is a short month, right?

patti

Yep only 9 days left, better get your skates on... so blow the cobwebs off your 40D and get out there and snap one of them there smelly cactus plants or even better a Joshua Tree if you have them near you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:04 am 
Good shot LahLahSr, but I can also see why you say landscapes are not your forte. If you don't mind me saying, the composition is excellent (with the windsurfer and how you've separated the mountains, water and pebble beach), but the way it has been executed hasn't. Try focusing a third into the frame (at the moment it's about 2/3rds in) because at the moment you have lost foreground interest. The pebble beach would have made a fantastic foregound, but it's all out of focus.

Yes, just over a week to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:01 pm 

great.
I am dusting off.
One more week.
Defiance...I want to submit a good photo...like yours, and it is just NOT coming together...I am relieved that I have a few days left...
I don't want to be a straggler, and had hoped to tuck myself somewhere safely in the middle. Oh the pressure of it all...lol...Drazen, this is all your fault.

lol...

Have a great day, gang..or a good peaceful sleep, where ever you are, on this big globe. Your photos make my day.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:28 pm 
How did that happen! only one week left to go. I shall be out at the crack of dawn this weekend taking some shots. I've a couple of ideas, depends on weather and location. I'm looking forward to posting.

Some of the postings so far are fantastic. I have already picked a couple of winners, pity we cant vote for all................of our favourites :( :( :( sometimes one vote is not enough.

Cheers Ormina

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next