Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:21 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, this is the thread for your comments and questions about entries in the February 2008 submissions.

Thanks,

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:00 pm 

Drazen Gal - You created a fun assignment this month. It's a perfect theme for such a global forum. I can't wait to see the entries.

-steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:22 pm 
Thanks Steve. I'm glad U like it!

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:35 pm 
Yeah..I agree with seattlesteve!

...but did you have to make it so blasted difficult? lol.

This is one of those assignments where I have to think a LOT. There is no immediately obvious answer. I could take a shot of the downtown skyline, but I wouldn't even vote for that myself..lol!

So how does one go about capturing something indicative of a large city? Something that is widely recognized to be an expression of a trait that those who do not live there, would not know?

Some artsy-fartsy B&W image of a widely known landmark/feature? lol

Seriously though: Drazen, kudos to you for choosing a topic with much width and depth all at once. Kudos for coming up with a topic that is truly challenging.

like seattlesteve, I can't wait to see the entries for this topic, and I hope there will be many! (..but privately fear there may not be)

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:21 pm 

yeah, Lah. I am thinking about where I am, ....and what WOULD be the definative photo...something that makes a statement stamped as ...unique. A landscape? a facescape?
hmmmmmm. Glad we have all month...who is gonna post first?

whoohooo..I can't wait..Thanks Drazen Gal, this sounds easy on the surface..but is gonna take some doin!!!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

Drazen, maybe you need to post first to give us some more guidance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:04 am 
Heh! good suggestion Gordon - maybe it should be a rule from now on?

...on the other hand, we don't want to turn it into a poker game.........or do we? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:34 am 
If it is poker. . . . Then I have a bad hand. My town of 34000 is soooo spred out it's not funny. the nearest store is 12 miles away and down town is nothing to look at. But I have an Idea :idea: :idea: hmmmm can't tell you what, you'll just have to wait and see 8) 8) 8).
Maybe my pair of two's is'ent so bad after all.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:50 am 

I don't live in a town :(

No neighbours here :lol:

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:58 am 
Greetings!

Maybe the “town” idea is not so good. If U want choose another one. I can explain to whole world how to describe they living place:). U can shoot anything as far is related to your town. May some town has a beautiful church, some has crowded streets, some has big industry, some has nice park, etc. If U live outside of town, shoot your house, village, bus station, etc…

@end if U all think that is my idea unsuitable for assignment, simple choose now one.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:26 am 
Hey Drazen

Nope. You've posed an interesting challenge to many of us - as you can see by the discussion erupting long before even the first picture has been submitted.

Your assignment is VERY suitable, because it makes us think and wonder and imagine - all good prerequisites for good pictures!

I think you chose well.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:54 pm 
I think it is an excellant choice, it will make us stretch our minds and go "outside" the box. I also have a few ideas, I will probably go out and shoot some of the ideas, line them up on my computer and ponder. It's abit like a crossword, go for the obvious and easy answer first then work on the hard stuff.

I think many will be playing the waiting game and see who goes first :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:51 pm 

Me too, Drazen...I think you are right on the money with this one...forcing us to go out to investigate the everyday things we take for granted...or look at our own spaces differently...liking this topic just fine.
Can tell you right now, I am not gonna go first 8) ...lol..whew...lol..
"Love" was a great theme last month ..and I like this Drazen, too..
I would love to see everyone post on this assignment...hope you will take your camera out today, and bring us a taste of your world..
Fun to see where you are, even beginners like me, hafta start somewhere..
so, c'mon, lets make Drazens Deal a winner this month..you have almost the whole month left...whoooohoooo, I can not wait to see where you are!!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:21 pm 
Hi all,

i'm a newbie at this forum and also in photography.

So i have a lot to learn!

I like this assignment, so i'll be posting my picture of my hometown, and see what you think about my first steps in the world of photography. :D

Last edited by HS on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:35 pm 

Hoi, HS! And welcome to the friendly Camera Labs forum!
I'm sure you can show some interesting photos from your Nederlandse hometown.
Glad you want to participate, and keep the good photos coming!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next