Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

And your personal favorite bottle is:
antman's 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Studini's 32%  32%  [ 11 ]
Rob's 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Jay's 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Luis' 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Roland's 21%  21%  [ 7 ]
Thomas' 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
David's 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Brian's 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Daniel's 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 34
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:39 pm 
Studini wrote:
Where do we put our entries, here or on the flickr page?

You can use Flickr to host the photo and then post it here. If you don't have a Flickr account, that's no problem, just post the photo from your preferred hosting service.

Anyone needing a little help on how to use the code tags to make the photo appear on this thread, please send me a message and I'll work with you to get your photo in here. It's quite easy, really. :)

Now get those creative juices going and go shoot a bottle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:58 pm 

What to do is:

Submit one photo, and the photos can be submitted before the entry date, the photo can be changed ONCE, e.g. if you pick Photo A, but then a day or so later (providing obviously it is before the date for submission) you take a better photo called Photo B, you can change your submition choice to photo B, but you can then not change your submition for that week again.

Post them here or in the Flickr Topic, I would however strongly advise for you to post it in both.

In the Flickr forum however, please simply submit like so:

Name: Full Name Here
CL Username: You Camera Labs Forum Username Here
Photograph name: Your photographs name (if not applicable, please just submit as Untitled)
Caption: Your caption for the photograph (if not applicable, please post Caption N/A)

Now post a static image (peferable uploaded to a very reliable server or upload server where it will not end up missing or not avaliable in months to come - I personally recommened flickr!) of your photo, shown in a Large format in Flickr terms, around 800x800 max for the preview image, but make sure that the preview image links to a larger image, Preferably around 4mp or above, although crops from bodies like the D40 which are only 6Mp, are acceptable at lower sizes than 4Mp and will be assesed on a case by case basis for acceptability.

Please, in the Topic in Flickr, stick strongly to this, a seperate topic will be opened for discussion on the photos posted inside of the submition topic, this keeps the contest topic free from clutter and chit chat, so that those voting on the photographs can see clearly what they are voting for without confusion.

Also note that you CAN NOT vote for your own photograph, but those who have submitted photographs will be allowed to vote for other photographers work, but it is not by any means necessary to vote at all in any way.

I'm still working on a system for the contest, but i'll have that done soon!

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:00 am 
Here is my entry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:32 am 
Nice idea this.

Maybe the winner then gets to propose the theme for the next competition?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:18 am 

On the face that seems like a good idea, but, not that I don't trust anyone on the forums I'm sure you guys wouldn't do it, but if at some stage like Gordon says, it becomes official, and there MIGHT be prizes, then users COULD then fix it, which isn't what we want.

Might I suggest that Gordon can make up future assignments (even though its not official) since he never seems to post pictures on his flickr lol, unless ofcourse Gordon you wish to get involved in the assignments as well, then I think one of the Moderators, Thomas, Phill or Bob.

Gordon, Thomas, Phill or Bob should make up the assignments, or rotate it between them every week - thats my idea anyway, obviously (if you actually read this, if not i'll pm you all anyway when I've done the final ideas for it) that is if you would like to do it!

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

It would be nice to have a prize, although we're a long way off from that sort of thing yet! As for the submissions, judging and choosing a new topic, these are all things to iron out - lets see how the first couple run first...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:19 pm 
there she is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:55 pm 
Keep them coming. There's still plenty of time until saturday.

I'm not sure prizes are such a good idea. My aim here was to get as many people as possible to share their photos on the same subject. Turning this from a showcase into a competition may actually be intimidating for people who are taking the first steps into photography - and I'd say that's the main audience for this site.

This could be a great way to share techniques and to learn, not so much by imitation, but by broadening horizons. An opportunity to learn is, in itself, a reward. I'm sure that, after each deadline, there will be a chance to discuss each other's works and by doing so, those who are more experienced can help those who are beginning - as I've seen happen on many other threads, on a multitude of subjects.

Let's keep it simple and friendly. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:30 am 
Site Admin

Sounds good to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:14 am 
I wasn't going to post because of clutter, however....Are there any guide lines on how the picture is taken? for example is the use of photoshop and other editing software allowed?

There was mention of not everyone having a wide lens thus giving some an advantage or extra avenues to explore. Does the same thing apply with flashes or filters?

In my personal opinion the use flashes and filters should allowed but to put a naturalist spin on it Photoshop should be off limits for severe editing. Brighting up and general warming of the photo should be fine but inverting colours, adding effects etc should be left out. My opinion.

what are your thoughts guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:06 am 
here is mine, I'll just post the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13225703@N03/1595517894/

P.S I didn't realize how dirty the glass was until I took the photo, so bad luck haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:21 am 
Jay wrote:
I wasn't going to post because of clutter, however....Are there any guide lines on how the picture is taken? for example is the use of photoshop and other editing software allowed?

There was mention of not everyone having a wide lens thus giving some an advantage or extra avenues to explore. Does the same thing apply with flashes or filters?

I think it's fair to use whatever processing you can do with the camera itself; for example, change the photo to black and white, change EV (turn the exposure up or down a bit), maybe a little sharpening, some color balance, etc. And also of course to crop as you like, or apply the same effects with your software.

Heavy duty photoshopping should be off-limits.

Please do use all the lenses, flashes (speedlights), tripods or other gear that you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:22 pm 
Well, here's my entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:13 pm 

Very nice entries so far!

A diamond in the rough perhaps Luis :lol:

Jay - Very elegent indeed! The lighting is very nice indeed - shame you didn't post a larger size though so we could see the finer detail on the bottle - Nice DOF as well!

Hopefully, if all goes according to plan, I should have mine done soon.

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:17 am 
This is my entry, posted to the CL flickr group:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next