Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:11 pm 

antipropho wrote:
...I have pictures posted on other topics but they are ok.
what can I do?

As far as I can tell the only pictures of your own that you have successfully displayed on the forum start "http://lh5.ggpht.com/" whereas your On Assignment image starts "http://3.bp.blogspot.com/". Maybe you could host your image on the known good site and link to that?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:28 pm 
thanks for the help Bob.I did as you suggested.Hope it stays on and even catch a vote :)
This is my first on assignment entry and others will follow.I like the creative competition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:51 pm 

antipropho wrote:
thanks for the help Bob.I did as you suggested....

Hmm. Looks like a poor suggestion on my part then as I'm still not seeing it with either Firefox or IE.

But if I put
into the address box of my browser and navigate to that I see the image. The only difference I can see between this URL and the one you used successfully in this post is the inclusion of the sequence "%20" to represent a space. Memory tells me that the technique should work but if you are still having trouble you could always rename the image file to "febcontest2.jpg" and see if that works.

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:45 am 
I uploaded again with a different name(febcontest2.jpg) and it still dissapears.Should I post again and delete the content of my first post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:25 am 

antipropho wrote:
I uploaded again with a different name(febcontest2.jpg) and it still dissapears.Should I post again and delete the content of my first post?

That's really weird. I've yet to find a member who has successfully used Picasa to host images for display on our forum but the strange thing here is that you have successfully used your host before. If you have a Flickr account, or similar, then that would solve the problem entirely but as an interim measure why not add a link just below the broken image thus:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Gqm92t8y6Xg/SaOSe ... ntest2.jpg

Not ideal but at least members will have a better opportunity to see your entry than at present.

Bob.

P.S. When I tried navigating to
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Gqm92t8y6Xg/SaOSe ... ntest2.jpg
I got a "Not Found" error. Are you sure you used the correct URL when you last updated your Assignment entry?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:23 am 
madczech1271:
That is a great photograph, let alone the tension it indeed does emit.
The light that is cast on your right eye is just great, it is brighter than the light on your left eye and increases the feeling of doubt with subtle contrast, seriously good stuff. And as far as tension goes, the feeling in your lips do communicate some serious consternation. Great entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 pm 

Phew..............Mikeroch i can finally relax. I have stuggled with this assignment, now finally i have submitted my entry (plan g). I was worrying i would not get anything in time, causing me TENSION, STRESS, WORRY LINES AND FEW GREY HAIRS! :lol: :lol: Anyway, now i can sit down and put my feet up for a few days before the next assignment. :) Sue

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:12 pm 

Sue ... have a little lie down in a darkened room, that should do the trick!

Not too many many submissions for <<TENSION>> this month, but very well done to all who have made the effort ... have I over-taxed the folks too much?
Still, think of it this way, the less people that subscribe the better chance each of you each have of grabbing some votes.

Come on you other sinners, there's a whole 24hrs remaining ... get cracking!

(Oh, I really do love to see you guys suffering!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:04 am 
just posted my last minute submission.

i rushed it without really thinking too much about what i could do. I just didn't want to miss 2 assignments in a row.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:55 am 

jake.rohan wrote:

i rushed it without really thinking too much about what i could do. I just didn't want to miss 2 assignments in a row.

Jake, nice shot but why is it so much bigger than the rest? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:54 am 
Bob Andersson wrote:
jake.rohan wrote:

Jake, nice shot but why is it so much bigger than the rest? :?

ahahaha. good question!!!

i'll pop up a smaller version from flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:41 am 

More great entries this month, and a challenging theme. mikeroch and Mark / Orsan were the best, I think, but mikeroch got my vote. I love the way it shows tension.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:13 pm 

After long consideration my February vote went to "picturesonthemind" with his photo of the steel cable at the Grand Arch in Paris. Great composition and b&w picture. Like the short focus area and the structure of the cable.

Unfortunately, one has to decide for just *one* picture while I had four in my final decision making phase. And for one reason or another had to rule three other great ones out.

Is there a possibility that Gordon would consider a change to a "multiple votes possible" mode? We would still come to a result this way. And those pictures who would maybe get 0 votes in the 1-vote-only mode would then possibly get at least a few and the photographers would be happy. ;-) Just a thought.

Anyway, congratulations to everyone for all your entries and especially to "picturesonthemind" who is my personal winner for February!

regards,
HTG

Post subject: more votes
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:59 pm 

I'm with HTG on two counts: a couple of votes per voter might spread a little happiness and encouragement to those in the middle-ground who currently only pick up the odd vote or none at all but whose efforts are nevertheless worthy of praise ... but I suspect that this might be technically very difficult, I'm sure that Bob will respond. What we really need is more individuals voting. Secondly, I too preferred 'picturesonthemind' to all others, cracking composition, bang on the topic, thoughtfully selected and technically well executed. I rate madczech's portrait highly .... the stress is tangible, quite a horror-film image. Spooky.

Bjorn. Thanks for the vote. My effort was very much a deliberate 'tongue-in-cheek' send-up of myself intended primarily to create an 'aunt sally' for people to knock off its perch and so to get the show rolling. Of the 10 frames shot that was the only that didn't make me look like a deranged relative of Quasimodo!

Interesting to note though that monochrome images are getting a good slice of the votes ... I've got a personal theory that somehow you engage harder with monochrome images for some reason. Hard to figure out how or why, I'm guessing that perhaps you subconsciously fill in colour detail in your mind and therefore just try that bit harder when looking at the image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mikeroch and HTG, I agree, it can be hard with just one vote, but technically it may not be possible to implement a multiple vote option with the current forum software. If anyone knows a reliable mod for phpbb2.x though, let me know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next