Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Feed Back Request
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:49 am 
Hello again folks I am looking for your view of the artistic properties of this photo: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60864900/

Click the download button to the right of the picture to view full size.

Nikon D40
70mm
F/4
1/60 sec.

Exposure, Brightness, Contrast and Color edited in Photoshop CS2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:53 am 

Hm, I wonder why you posted it in the off-topic section! A trick? A photo from a world-famous artist disguised as yours :? To make us rant about the too close crop, the missing sharpness, the use of flash, almost indistinguishable subject? And to tell us afterwards, that this is an early Ansel Adams :oops:
Well, I'll say nothing more... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:29 am 
Actually I couldn't figure out what section to put this in :oops:

No cropping, its full size.
No Flash was used, the light areas are brighter because I liked/made them that way.
"Well Pumps" are pretty common around here, most people would be able to ID that =P
And yah sharpness is ehh but oh well I'll get better :wink:

I've seen very little of Ansel Adams work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:36 am 

Hm, perhaps Gordon can give us a hint, where to place photos for review. But my best guess would be under the appropriate photography tips section. In this case "Flowers and macro (close-up) photography".

Even if you don't give tips on how you produced this lovely photo, you are in effect asking for tips...
So prepare to be moved as soon as Gordon has made up his mind.

Gordon? GOOOOORDON!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:20 pm 
I don't know the first thing about photography, but as far as I'm concerned, that's a lovely photo.

This just goes to show that getting good pictures depends much more on the photographer than on the camera. Anyway, could you post the unedited original?

As for where to place photos for review, why not just go with what seems logical and change the current descriptions of some of the fora from: Share your travel photography tips into something like: Share your travel photos and photography tips?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:19 pm 
Thanks Tom.

Luis here is a link to the un-edited (flickr sized it down though... not sure why).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brate/939739789/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:14 pm 

brate wrote:
flickr sized it down though... not sure why

I think this is a limitation of non-pro accounts.
Personally I find the color version better, perhaps as I can more easily identify what it is.
And when I look into the EXIF data, what did I find :o
EXIF wrote:
Flash fired, auto mode

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:28 pm 
hee oops :oops: I guess I didn't notice and was just to stubborn to check the data... Next time I am to my Parents home I will try again but that wont be for another week or so.