Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:31 am 
I was gonna buy a 40D with batterygrip, the ef 24-105mm lens and a memorycard from B&H, but found out that US1photo had better prices on the body and battery grip. Therefore I ask you guys if you have any experience with this company, and if ordering from different places is a good idea or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:29 pm 

Check this ResellerRatings report. Of course it would be great to be able to support the CameraLabs site by starting your purchase by clicking on a link in our affiliate stores page but not if it means you have to pay more.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:31 pm 
norway do not purchase from there.. it has horrible reviews its all a scam!! look at that link bob posted.. trust me.. do not buy from there!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:42 pm 
Thanks for the heads up guys. In that case I'll buy everything from B&H uless I stumble across something noticeably cheaper (which has been erified by you guys ;))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:47 pm 
I bought a lens once, it is all good, received it less than a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:17 pm 
isn't US1photo.com a site you can get to from CL? They always come up as the lowest price on the price checker here on CL when I'm lookin at the Sony A300 and A350. I always assumed it was because it was a trusted site by CL. Can Gordon or anyone else screen those places out if they're just scams?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:27 pm 
emp93...why are you so down on US1photo? I clicked on the link and didn't see any reason to believe that this was a big scam like you said. they've got a decent rating and are even said to be active participants, constantly visiting the site and responding to customer issues. They look pretty impressive to me. I think you might be able to support CL by clicking through the Sony A300 review. You'll find their site listed and then you can just change direction once you're and navigate over to the Canon stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:30 pm 
they might not have the stellar service like B&H, adorama and other big store that charge more. But they are reasonably okay.

Unless if you buy a rare items, it should be fine. Call them for item status if you're not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:33 pm 

Trust me, as well. B&H and Adorama will have the lowest prices, they're the most competitive stores with Giant locations in NYC, so if its priced lower than it is there, chances are it is a rip. And B&H (and Adorama) are truely the best.

Jake

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, US1Photo is a regular on our pricegrabber panels and pricegrabber are normally good at weeding out the bad vendors. I've had a look at that reseller ratings page and yes, there are some disatisfied customers, but also some good ones with a respectable overall rating of 8.68 / 10. It's certainly not a scam.

They are cheaper than other places though, so I wouldn't be surprised by a correspondingly lower service.

If you want a higher rated store, then I'd go for Adorama or B&H, and as Bob says, you can support us by first clicking through to them via our Affiliate page.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:45 am 
i made a mistake guys.. i got US1 confused with broadwayphoto :oops:

sorry about that :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:38 am 
Since it seems legit and and all, and I save 275dollars (!) on the body and 10dollars on the batterygrip, perhaps I'll buy it from us1photo anyway ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:58 pm 
It might be a little late now but I purchased a lens and a few other things from them with no problem at all. I ordered on a Thursday and everything arrived the next Tuesday. Everything in excellent shape.