Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 280  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:14 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:53 am 
Don't forget to wash behind your ears :D

These are my two cats Timmy and Scamp (aka Big Cat and Baby Brat)

Syncharmony what a beautiful shot :D

Post subject: dull morning
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:03 pm 

hi everyone,
taken this morning after a night of rain.
300mm
f5.6 1/60sec
program auto
iso 250
w/b set to cloudy +1

regards GCJ :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:41 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 am 
Syncharmony

Is that a suspension bridge?

I like the composition. Simple, yet it draws me in and I want to know what's on the other end - it looks all very dark and mysterious!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:45 am 
miki wrote:
Syncharmony

I like the composition. Simple, yet it draws me in and I want to know what's on the other end - it looks all very dark and mysterious!! :D

Yeah, it's a small suspension bridge over a river at a state park in connecticut. One of my favorite places, a lot of varied terrain and usually pretty quiet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 am 
Syncharmony wrote:
miki wrote:
Syncharmony

Yeah, it's a small suspension bridge over a river at a state park in connecticut. One of my favorite places, a lot of varied terrain and usually pretty quiet.

Interesting photo, I know I'm nit picking here, but I'd like the shot more if it was more symmetrical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:12 pm 

Meet Slick. He is 3, and standing in his pen as the sun goes down, bringing out all of red highlights and low lights...he can be a tough customer...brilliant mind...very opinionated. Have some big plans for him.
took this yesterday, with the intent of posting, but, couldn't get flickr to co-operate.

So this is tardy...great thread, have enjoyed the diversity of your days...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:24 pm 
Gregory.Rotter wrote:
Interesting photo, I know I'm nit picking here, but I'd like the shot more if it was more symmetrical.

I know, it bugged me a bit too. However, there is a big post in the middle of the entrance to the bridge which is why it's off-center. I had to shoot around it. However, I liked the focal depth and lighting enough that I decided to upload it.

That's a very nice horse Patti, I like how the red comes out in it's mane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:47 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:40 pm 

hi everyone,
trip out to local wildlife centre today. Apparently these are asian short clawed otters. Don't they make a lovely couple.
300mm
1/250sec f5.6
iso 200
opt image set to vivid
regards GCJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:51 pm 

taken with a canon compact with an external housing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:14 pm 

GCJ, I love dem odddders...short claws, long claws, river odders, or sea odders...the whimsy, the glee for life is unparralled..who else do you know can slide down a muddy bank, eat raw fishies, crack open clams on their bellies, with rocks, suck down a ton of squid, and still look cute? Your Pair is right up there with the Odder great moments...love em...just love em...

I know you saw this youtube, but it is way cute...
I wasn't gonna post it, but thought you odder see it.
with music, no less...whooohooo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7X9uFPPFEI

yes, they are from Lah's neck of the woods, wouldn't ya just know...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:32 pm 
patti wrote:
Meet Slick. He is 3, and standing in his pen as the sun goes down, bringing out all of red highlights and low lights...he can be a tough customer...brilliant mind...very opinionated. Have some big plans for him.
took this yesterday, with the intent of posting, but, couldn't get flickr to co-operate.

So this is tardy...great thread, have enjoyed the diversity of your days...

........ patti, in levels just move the far right slider a bit to the left, and you pix will have more bounce.... if you lose contrast, play with the centre one by moving left or right...... nice pix

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:15 am 

moooooochas gracias, BP....I appreciate that advice, and I will see what I can do about it, can you see what I did to it from where you are? I know you can see a lot of the shot details, but am not sure how you do that...
anyways, let me get the original, and you can look at that, and see whatcha think...better yet, can you take this one home, and fix it the way you think the bounce is mo' better. and then put it up again?
So I can see a more accomplished hand then mine?

love,
p.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 280  Next