Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 280  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:56 pm 
Geez where do I start... I,ll give it a try... I'm really horrible in PS.
Can one of you try it for me, I can email the photo just let me know in what format PSD raw,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:33 pm 
I can do it for you if you want. I sent you a PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:00 pm 
If you wonder what it looks like after a bit of PP. Here's what I did with the JPG:

Original.

After upping the gamma and midtone expansion in PSP. The clouds are a lot fainter here.

After HDRing it with the original.

The clouds are back. I brightened things up a bit more in the HDR creation. The fog is more pronounced and the trees show their autumn colours. I also rotated it 1 degree left (hence the smaller crop) and burned the area with the light to the right of the house because I liked how it stood out in the dark, almost silhouette-like original. Because the green in the trees on the left had come out a bit too light and I didn't want to redo the HDR I burned the green a bit darker too. The rotation had created/added a bit of softness so I sharpened a little too.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:28 pm 
Thank you, that does look much better.
Was it done with photomatix?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:47 pm 
No. All done in PSP. It has a modest HDR feature with only two sliders during creation, 'Brightness' and 'Clarify', but it does a fairly decent job. If I'd want the best result I'd probably redo it a tad darker. As I said particularly the green was a bit too light. But I found this version acceptable too. Since you're the only one who has "seen the scene" with his own eyes you are the only one who can decide whether any PP attempt looks closest to the original view. The reddish/pinkish sky for instance. I don't know whether it was around sunrise or sunset (the EXIF data was stripped) and a low sun behind the mountains could create such a colour but I cannot tell whether it actually looked something like that.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:36 pm 
It was a sunset... this time I'll try to get there earlier with the manfrottoPOD.
I just hope the magical ambiance will be there again.

Thanks again cam-I-Am, I really appreciate your time and effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:20 pm 
Next time use the live histogram so you can check exposure before the clickety-click. And if your camera has exposure bracketing use it too. Either for getting a choice of individual shots or for the best possibility for HDR.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 pm 
It's a Sony
make believe :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 pm 

Four friends enjoying a conversation as the sun sets. Sue

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:10 pm 
very nice sunset :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:59 pm 

Thank you very much lowliferider.

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:33 pm 
This is my take on lowliferider's sunset, I didn't want to overdo it

Although this should really go into the raw developing thread ^^U

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:44 am 
Looks good Timmy. Considering what I could recover from the JPG it was clear the full RAW would certainly offer a lot of wiggle room to improve the image. As I said I would have preferred a slightly darker version too but I was satisfied with the one I had to show how much more image information there was in the photo. Did you use a single image or did you combine two JPGs differently processed from the RAW file?

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:54 am 
I developed two files from the raw; from one I tried to recover as much sky as posible without losing luminosity and from the other i got the landscape and the reflection, then proceeded to mask out the sky trying to minimize halos. Increased red, yellow, and green saturation to give it a little more punch and ran the NR filter. Finished it with sharpening to compensate for the lost detail after running NR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:53 am 
WOW well done guys... maybe it's time for me leave (I feel so hopeless).
I have Photoshop element 8, and I tried to use the photo merge exposure
well you saw.... I'm thinking getting aperture3

Thanks guys I really appreciate it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 280  Next