Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:50 pm 
I was searching on the web last night and found this thread that shows tha detail on how to repalce the screen. It was also discussed that the AF indicators are on the seperate screen above the focusing screen. I attached tyhe thread below in case someone needs it. you can remove it if it's not suppose to be here.
here it is: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=417029

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:08 pm 

Good spot. Thanks for sharing. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:08 pm 
J.Z. Alba,

See my post from a few days ago. I thought I had done damage to my camera after stupidly trying to clean the mirrors and sensor with a cloth.

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4268

I cannot recommend enough the Arctic butterfly, which although very expensive for what it is, is a very good piece of kit.

With a model as refined as the 40D, surely having the best equipment to maintain it is a must too?

Glad your camera is ok though. That feeling that you might have damaged it through doing something stupid is something I never want to experience again!

Out of interest, I contacted a camera repair shop for a quote to replace my sensor on a 30D. (They wanted over £300 + VAT!!)

So my advice, buy the proper tools for the job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:43 pm 
Blueorb wrote:
J.Z. Alba,

See my post from a few days ago. I thought I had done damage to my camera after stupidly trying to clean the mirrors and sensor with a cloth.

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4268

I cannot recommend enough the Arctic butterfly, which although very expensive for what it is, is a very good piece of kit.

With a model as refined as the 40D, surely having the best equipment to maintain it is a must too?

Glad your camera is ok though. That feeling that you might have damaged it through doing something stupid is something I never want to experience again!

Out of interest, I contacted a camera repair shop for a quote to replace my sensor on a 30D. (They wanted over £300 + VAT!!)

So my advice, buy the proper tools for the job!

Yeah I am glad that I did not mess up anything inside. And since the focusing screen can be changed, I can easily replace it if I need to. Also I am glad that I did not touch the mirror nor the sensor it self...By the way, where can I get the butterfly brush kit? can you give me the website? thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:39 pm 

J.Z. Alba wrote:
...By the way, where can I get the butterfly brush kit? can you give me the website? thanks.

Have a look about 1/3rd of the way down this page. Some of the sites mentioned in our PriceGrabber box are also affiliates so if you would like to support CameraLabs running costs then please consider starting your order by clicking on the appropriate store name on this page as the price you pay will be the same. Thanks.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:51 pm 
Glad that your problem was solved, if you ever want to clean your CCD or sensor use the Photographic Solutions Sensor Swab, and Eclipse (making sure you have the right set) or Visible Dust's Arctic Butterfly