Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:05 am 
Hi folks,

I've got a request/plea for those folks who either post images greater than the forum rules stipulate or instead of posting the image just post the link

Please remember the forum is viewed on a range of screens, some bug, some small. Personally the biggest I have available to me is my laptop and anything bigger that the 1024 forum maximum cannot be displayed whole making it impossible to appriciate the whole image. Also providing link to your image makes it unlikely I'll actually look at your image as its can be just too much faff on some of the devices I use to view this forum (e.g. Blackberry and iPod Touch).

For the same reason could folks please take the time to post key exif data and any other relevant info (HDR or PP for example) as it makes a significant difference to me on here. I'm here to learn and to share and these things help a lot

Thanks for taking the time to read this request

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:56 pm 

Agreed with most of what you've said apart from the exif data. I usually post everything I can, but I understand why some don't. Feel like that's up to the discretion of the photography IMO.

Nikon D200
SB-600
YN-560 II
YN RF 603 x 4
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8
Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:53 pm 

I don`t bother posting exif data, as its available if you click on the flickr link.

To view others exif data, I use firefox and have installed exif viewer. Just right click on the image and the data will be displayed, if its available.

if image isn`t loading and only the link is provided, it maybe that people aren`t aware of how to do it.

Canon Powershot S95, Canon 6D,7D, Canon 40 2.8 STM, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Canon 17-40 L, Canon 15-85, Canon 85 1.8, Sigma 30 1.4, 50mm 1.8, Canon 100 2.8L Macro, Canon 70-300L +Kenko 1.4 Pro 300DGX, Canon 430EX II and RS 4 Classic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:02 pm 
I guess part of the reason for my post is for folks to understand that folks are using a range of devices to view the forum and that this limits viewing options. I'm currently using my blackberry so don't have the exif viewer option and clicking a link is VERY slow and faffy.

One post I read today had posted links rather than images because of the forum guidelines on size. Again this means I can't view these images properly

The guidelines were there for a reason and I was just hoping to highlight these reasons and at the same time request the exif data. Flickr is sometimes blocked here in the UAE :(