Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Grandfathers camera
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:41 pm 
hey guys i took some pictures of my grandfather old minolta SRT201.. i used this camera for a few months before getting my 400d.. here are some pics of it.This things in perfect mint condition too.. my grandfather used it for a while and so did i.. He was really big into photography but is now baffled by me new 400d lol.. he likes to see me taking up his old hobby.

i think shooting on the rug made it bad quality because the ruck has indentations which made the outline of the lens choppy.. and on the one i didnt use flash so my ISO was at 1600 and you can see the noise a little bit.

Lenses- Minolta telephoto 135mm f.2.6 (lens mounted)
Minolta wide angle 28mm f.2.5 (medium sized non mounted lens)
Minolta 50mm f.1.7 (smallest lens there)
28-80mm wide angle zoom f.3.5 Biggest one there non mounted.. i dont know the make of it sorry.

And then the Vivitar 2800 External flash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:27 am 

Damn, that's old school :)

Canon EOS 400D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF 50mm f/1.8
My Photos - My webpage (danish)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:38 am 

Nice looking film gear. It would be nice to throw some great black and white 400asa film in there and take it to the streets.

I like some of the old lenses, like the one that's mounted on the Minolta, with the built in hoods. It seems like a better option instead of having a giant plastic thing to carry around.

Enjoy your 'new' gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:54 pm 

Rob the flashgun :)

It should work on the 400D, but obviously manual controls (probably a fully manual flash anyway!)

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:32 pm 
old lenses are cool you can get a nikon 600mm f5.6 on ebay for £400 and a modern one the nikon 600mm f4 for £4000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:25 am 
yes darragh but now a days the lens have fast auto focus and prob VR in them and I think lens technology is better these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:21 am 
marzy....... you need to do some more reading.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:45 am 
Nice kit.
I'm borrowing my brother's Pentax KM manual SLR (1975-77) at the moment. I've just shot one roll of colour print film and have now loaded a roll of black & white 400. Will post any good pics I take :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:33 am 
Big Pix wrote:
marzy....... you need to do some more reading.......

Whats that meant to mean, Im guessing im wrong and I probably am, im 15 and only know from what I read and watch. And I know im not wrong with the auto focus so I guess im wrong about the lens quality and I said "I think" now im quite happy for you to say no marzy your wrong but when you be a subtle p***k about it, I take that in a bad way. It is nothing constructive and completely personal attack.

Sorry for taking this off topic...

EDIT: Offensive language moderated. Bob Andersson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:45 am 
being RUDE will get you no where......you could learn a lot here, but with that sort of attitude you show how arrogant you are....... being 15 is no excuse for outright rudeness

if you did some research, as you have shown how little you know, you will find out about how good Nikon glass can be, even manual focus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:55 am 
I don't want to turn this topic in a flame war, there is no reason for it.

All I was saying that when your paying 4 grand for a lens your paying for VR and auto focusing, I didn't say at all that the lens weren't good, All I said was I think, I think the lenses are better made today. Then you attacked me about it. And I totally agree Im going to learn alot here, but when people say "marzy....... you need to do some more reading......" That is neither informative or constructive.

If you still feel you need to have a say e-mail me the My link is down the bottom. People need need this and this topic doesn't need this.

Im sorry emp93 In a few days ill post some pictures of my old camera like yours. I think my flash looks a little older than your hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:07 am 
marzy wrote:
I don't want to turn this topic in a flame war, there is no reason for it.

All I was saying that when your paying 4 grand for a lens your paying for VR and auto focusing, I didn't say at all that the lens weren't good, All I said was I think, I think the lenses are better made today. Then you attacked me about it. And I totally agree Im going to learn alot here, but when people say "marzy....... you need to do some more reading......" That is neither informative or constructive.

If you still feel you need to have a say e-mail me the My link is down the bottom. People need need this and this topic doesn't need this.

Im sorry emp93 In a few days ill post some pictures of my old camera like yours. I think my flash looks a little older than your hehe.

You do need to think more about what you imply.....

you need to do some more reading......" That is neither informative or constructive.

it is very informative and very constructive...... do some research

I have not attacked you at all but like you penned an option

Why do you accuse me of having an old camera and flash, you need to retract that statement and get you facts correct and stop trying to be smart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:10 am 

OK guys - cool it please. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:36 am 
"In a few days ill post some pictures of my old camera like yours. I think my flash looks a little older than your hehe."

I have just received a personal message fron this member.......and I prefer to answer it here...... I will not go into detail as it is a waste of time but I was asked a question which I have answered above.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:15 pm 
"Im sorry emp93 In a few days ill post some pictures of my old camera like yours."

Do i need bold lol.

Here is my dads old SLR.