Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:06 am 
I'm putting together an aide memoir cheatsheet to help me remember starting point settings for different styles of photography to prevent simple mistakes.

Here's a screen dump of where I'm up to so far. It will be laminated A5 in the end and as many pages as it needs to be

If you'd like the draft shown in the image document click on the image to download the word .docx file that I've uploaded to my blog.

Now, what would you put on this sheet? Have you got any starting point settings you'd, very helpfully, like to share with me.

Likewise any settings that are there so far that you think are wrong would also be very helpful

Shukkran :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:33 pm 

This is great :D I've been thinking of something like this myself, we have things like this for everything in the Army, we call them Smart Cards :lol: I have a few ideas but just woke up so I'll think of a few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:07 pm 

I'll see if I can add some things on my field of expertise: concert photography and perhaps some portrait/flash tips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:18 pm 
Been messing with this for a bit now

Front

Back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:27 pm 
Word file for this Draft version available from http://ianganderton.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/photo-cribsheet.docx

Once I've got useful info on the second side too I'll print it off using a laser printer (waterproof apparently) and laminate it

Please dont rely on any of these settings, I havent tested all of them, they are just there as personal starting points for me to be tested and evolve.

I've tried to put things in order of how they need to be sorted when setting up the camera for what ever style of shot I'm taking. The default settings at the top are there to remind me what I might need to change back so the camera is set up in such a way I wont miss a potential 'snap'