Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:51 pm 

well, i dont know about sony world, but for "pet photocraphy" would be better canon 100m macro than 70-200 - in my opinion - because of its new stabilizer. It stabilizes shake up down left right, but also front back, which i think is clever function.

Also, you understand that with macro lens you also can shoot pets with same depth of field as with 70-200 (on 90mm) (and macro lens can focus closer and finer)

i dont know what kind of pets you want to shoot, but there are two posibilities- (as i would think about it)

home pets - that want to leave as much fur on you as they can - telephoto lens would be not much of a use here

wild animals - those that are dying of fear so they are staying away from us - the 200mm maybe would be not long enough

try to rent or borrow some of lenses if you can, maybe it will clear your mind. Or take a month break and after that see if you still need so much lens. Shoot few pictures of styles what you want and consider what you think is limiting you know. Also think how often and how much will u shoot those styles

Canon AT-1, 50mm FD F1.8
Canon A430,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:55 pm 

Thanks for responses. I thought about what Dingo said - and looked at other discussions about macro lenses and Sigma 105mm 2.8 and Minolta 135mm 2.8 came up. Both lenses are at the same price range as Tamron 90mm 2.8.