Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:08 pm 
All the best to those currently affected by the riots in London at the moment.

Personally I live in Croydon, but far enough out to have been OK thus far thankfully.

Idiots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:02 am 

It's shocking isn't it?

Two of my friends who work in London were sent home early and another friend's uncles' shops (Sony stores in London and Birmingham) were looted.

All of this because the police shot a scumbag who sells death and misery to others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 am 

Well I've been back a few times in the last 6 years, but now call another part of the world home.

Frankly it's embarrassing.

They should give the people arrested and charged a job to afford new plasma TVs, mobile phones and laptops - clearing IEDs in Helmand Province seems apt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:53 am 

I might head down to London as i need a new laptop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 am 
Can somebody explain to me why this is happening?

I also added an extra minus point to my general opinion of the Scotland Yard police force,after I saw them doing nothing.
If I had high responsabilities in the UK's police system,I would dismiss all policemen that are not acting accordingly in certain situations or that are zelous & agressive. (like the scandal when they illegaly agressed photographers for just taking photos)
Third and last,I don't like the Prime Minister,I wouldn't have confidence in him as a politician if I was British. He's full of empy words just like Tony Blair was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:18 am 

Quote:
Can somebody explain to me why this is happening?
There is no single reason. There was a peaceful protest arranged about a police shooting incident, this then escalated to some violence and looting. Having seen the response to the initial looting various groups ranging from professional criminals to opportunistic parents and children decided to chance their arm and see what they could get.

It is all a very sad inditement of how some people feel they have to act but not limited to any one country or group in the World today.

It is heartening to see the way some communities are now responding and coming together to help with the clean up.

http://keystrokesukimages.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:26 am 

A criminal shot at a cop, the cop shot back and killed him. The criminal had a dark skin color, so the whole thing was turned into a "hate crime".

Now, everyone is pissed off because the government doesn't create enough jobs, and has a large dept, and in order to make things better they rob and destroy small businesses and destroy government property.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:18 pm 
And the police can't shoot all of them,now can they? That would be considered "barbaric". Still,that would solve the problem on many levels. I mean,the police are not really intimidating those criminals by attempting to put them all in jail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:05 pm 

It took Magaret Thatcher 2 years to get her first riot, David Cameron less than 15 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:01 pm 

lol Mark - both times after the country was messed (for want of a more descriptive word) up by Labour Governments!

anyway, moving on :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:04 pm 

Well, at least you have a decent reason to riot, here in Canada we riot when our favorite hockey team loses...

Anyways, my heart goes out to all people affected and hurt by the riots.

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:37 pm 

I was lucky enough to have just missed the riots. There were some about 5 minutes from me. All the shops where boarded up and close early. I think London won't see anymore riots as there are too many police but I think most other cities in England will see some violence soon.

@Jeremy where about in Croydon do you live? I have a friend who lives in coulsdon which is not far from there. He said he saw a bit of rioting.... and a few people walking the streets with tvs, laptops and phones :D

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 pm 

Unrest spreads to Scotland - http://t.co/SEBDcMF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:33 am 

No shortage of anger in the world. Could be the new reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:52 pm 

Quote:
A criminal shot at a cop, the cop shot back and killed him. The criminal had a dark skin color, so the whole thing was turned into a "hate crime".

I object to this statement, mostly on the grounds that it is not true, the person has not been shown to be a 'criminal' and there were only 2 shots fired, both of which were by the Police.

I am also very uneasy with your reference to skin color, I fail to see its relevance.