Its very sad to announce that I'm no longer having interest in photography anymore. However I'm not yet personally ask Gordon to delete my account yet I'm might be mingle or roam around the forum if I want to but unlikely to chat silly thing or anything non photography related. So the question is will I have some interest in photography/camera gear in the future? unfortunately very unlikely to have one
Here is brief history from starting in photography till retiring from it. Not long ago from December 2006 I got my very first Compact P&S Nikon Coolpix S9, I was very exciting to play with it & improving my photographic skill about 2 Years & the half. Around in year 2008 I had interest to investing a DSLR which is a Canon 450D + Kit Lens cost me about BND $1200, I saved my school allowances from late 2007 till late 2008. With my effort saving it finally grabbed a Canon 450D. As I got it pretty exciting with it very much & gained my photographic experience in year 2009, with in the same year grabbed myself a canon Speedlite 430EXII as a compliment to it.
Now this is when my interest in photography are about to stagnate, in early 2009 I was kinda careless person (Dare to Confess this!) letting my camera to my friend to play along with it for quite sometime while in the school, realized that he played with continuous shooting for very long time & causing the shutter count increased drastically. In august 2009 as I shoot my camera suddenly saw a rather large black rectangular object blocking my sensor realized that my camera already reached its shutter limit.
Ever since then my camera are unusable to take photo & when I asked to Canon Service center to try to fix it said that it is very expensive to replace it & cost about BND $400 +. Unfortunately at that time I don't have any amount money left to fix it
And so photography activity slows down by then & at that time I was having a hard time without my DSLR continuing photography with my Old P&S.
In Mid year 2010 there is some event that makes my interest in photography drifted away. My friend inviting me to their Electronic Dance Music Scene Party at the private club, at that time I was amazed & extremely enjoyed listening some House/Trance Music scene coming from the DJ's deck. I asked myself should I try something different like to starting Djing based on music that I liked ( I love Trance & House Music!) other than photography?. I went to internet to find out more about learn to Djing & I found this guy from DJ Tutor aka Ellaskin
that makes grew interest in DJ.After several of months learned from him so far I'm by far enjoyed in Djing that makes my interest in photography completely drifted away.
Okay now as today I already made an evaluation about DJ vs Photography, which one I should go & its clear that DJ are my favorite the most but whats wrong with it anyway quoted back 'will I have some interested in photography/camera gear in the future? unfortunately very unlikely to have one'. Okay here's my evaluation about it :-
- firstly photography are quite expensive hobby, from my experience just after I got my camera doesn't mean expenditure ends there, there are lots of expenditure to cover up such as buying the software, servicing, External Hard Drive to store photos & plenty more things to buy which costs me a lot! (Not including buying new lens & upgrade new camera as needed!)
- Secondly about the long term the living standard in Brunei are getting very costly & very unconvincing to get a new camera gear therefore most of the salary are end up keeping it to the bank to get housing scheme & a new car.
- Thirdly well quite embarrassing & very honest to tell you that every photo I took before & never looked back even the best shot & reason that I have a family relation problem going on so the photo I took about them once I remember looking them that makes he grew disappointing & hating about them.
- Fourthly even I have a camera today but the biggest problem when will I have time to go out photo shooting once I got Job? although even I have free time on Friday & Sunday however when I got weekly duty there is no way I could go.
- Finally as the new hobby that hooked my up which mean I'm no longer interested in photography anymore
To wrap it up the expenditure of photography are relatively costly & uncertainty amount of income due to higher standard of living in Brunei making hard to access buying new camera even in the long term. As for the new hobby obviously needs money to get the DJ gear but at least not expensive as in photography even I don't have DJ Gear right now but starting out with DJ Software anyway.
Enough about the DJ Stuff. Anyway I would personally like to Thanks Gordon that inspired me to get involved in photography & also our loveable Cameralabs Forum member to cheer me up during the interest in photography. The reason why I made this thread I know its a bit pointless but want to inform our member that want to know what had happen to Adi & no longer upload photos to Flickr for several years this thread explained everything.
Now for today have to carry on with my decision