Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:34 pm 

ARE COMING ON THURSDAY!!!!!

I'm well chuffed :D (seems I've beaten Nathan to the post of Semi-Pro DSLR's - but only just!)

Just got a 10-20mm Sigma and a 430EX to buy and I'm done for the year already! (not much of a surprise considering a costs - I would have cheaper sticking to building high end gaming PC's!)

Final Cost = £1050 then I'll get £90 Cashback from Canon since I bought it today (31st!!!) so thats £960 - not to shabby :D

Although my mum had to order it by phone to get the price down so even if Park Cameras are (don't think they are) affiliated with CameraLabs I wouldn't have been able to go through the affiliate thing anyway. Plus my mum was confused enough with all these different numbers i was shouting at her lol!

"So...you need IS on a 10-20...but not on a 300 that sounds right aye?"

Burst out laughing it was so funny.

Anyway I'm looking to sell my much loved 350D with 18-55mm Lens and 80-210mm all clean and in great condition. Under 10,000 shots with the 350D (@ 8400 odd just now i think) so it still has plenty life in it yet.

I am of course giving first dips to the family, one of which has a motorized telescope and is quite interested in getting a DSLR - so I'll be asking him first.

If no one in the family wants to buy it (lets face it, for those just wanting a camera, a DSLR is maybe a tad to big) then I will sell it privately.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:18 pm 

Hi Daniel,

Congratulations on the new camera. Unfortunately, site policy means that we cannot allow using the forum to advertise private sales, even when those advertisements come from valued and long term members like yourself.

Consequently I have edited your post by removing the advertisment and adding the bit in blue to allow the last sentence to make sense. I hope you don't mind too much and I guess if any forum member sees your post and your current signature they are free to contact you privately via a PM. :idea:

Thanks for your understanding.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:53 pm 

ah right, sorry about that. I kind of guessed selling through the forums wouldnt be permitted but i forgot about the advertising thing.

Thanks for editing my post :D

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:15 pm 

ITS HERE!

The 40D came today...but not without a long winded story!

Apparently, the 40D was out of stock...so today, a box arrived at my door, saying 5D + 24-105 IS ... Looking at the invoice, I had only been billed for the Camera and the Lens, with the lens saying "Soon to Follow" but I got to excited thinking I had gotten a 5D, but open the box to find yet another surprise..."40D + Speedlight 580EXII Kit" ... but alas, when I opened the box, It was just the 40D...like I had been billed for :oops:

Hopefully their dodgey packaging doesn't effect my Canon Cashback, if it does, I'll have a word or two to say!

The 40D is perfect. Size, Weight, Feel, Control - Everything. I've held a D200, and I much prefer this to it! (although the D300 looks more pro, but heh)

The hand grip is perfectly sized, my pinky is no longer waving about (when I didn't have the grip on the 350D) with nothing to do, it now fits on the grip snugly. The grip also feels a lot more grippy and secure and the space where the fingers curl round is again, just perfect, as if it was tailor made for me!

This is turning into a bit of a review...lol! (might do one)

Anyway, put it this way, everything is in the right place, and it feels good to use and handle, the 6.5FPS is amazingly fast, still need a faster card to dump that buffer faster. Live View is really good, more for landscape photography though. High ISO (3200) is pretty handy to have although I'd prefer not to use it.

I do however have a few questions about the 40D which I'll submit in the Canon Forum.

I await my 70-300IS and hopefully I'll be shooting some sports stuff after my exams this month 8)

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 pm 
Nice one, I bet your well chuffed. Looking forward to seeing some of the results :D

Post subject: private sales
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:59 pm 
Guys, how about having a specific section for sales rather than just banning it outright.

I can see why you don't want sales cluttering up general discussions, but if we had a sales section then it would not. Also this could be genuinely useful to a lot of forum members I suspect .... views?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:04 pm 
+1 at that :)

Post subject: Re: private sales
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:30 pm 

hairyfrog wrote:
Guys, how about having a specific section for sales rather than just banning it outright...

This question has been raised before on the forum and it has been considered but Gordon has reasonably taken the view that there may be site liability issues. The trouble is that there is no way to know the laws of every country and forum members can be citizens of any country. A simple disclaimer that an Internet site is not liable may not be enough, in law, to prevent it from being liable. And it's not as though there aren't lots of options for selling kit on the wider web. :idea:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject: liability
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:41 pm 
I see. Odd though - I can't see how the site could be liable for anything any more than e.g. a local newspaper could if an advertiser failed to deliver etc ...

The thing with buying stuff on ebay etc is that you have no knowledge whatsoever of the person you are buying from wheras if you have at least had a bit of banter with the person here over a few months you would have a little more confidence...

Oh well thanks anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:21 pm 

Having been involved in my own forum before and website, It is best just to try and avoid things like this, its an added complication that, trust me, you do not want to deal with. I understand the position, and if it was me I'd make the same decision :)

Yeah I'm really happy with the 40D. I really wanted the Flash Sync port (PC Sync) so I could use the studio flash in photography without having to use film, can't wait to try it out :D

I'm going to try and do most of my homework tomorrow so I can go out with my mate James and give it a real test :twisted:

MY FLICKR!