Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:12 pm 
some website when the post there pic they do something to stop been taken you cant copy or any thing so if i had to post a pic what do i need to do so if any 1 trys to do a right click on my pic there should not be any options to copy any advice please i need this option .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:54 pm 

I think it's correct to say that any picture you display in a post here on the forum can be copied. The simplest way to stop this becoming a problem is to limit the quality and size of those pictures. Bear in mind at the recommended 500 pixel width of images posted here the final print size would be less than two inches across at 300 dpi. Another option would be to buy a digital watermark which you could then add to images posted on the web. That wouldn't stop copying but it should stop your work being stolen for profit.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:48 pm 
If you use a flickr account, they do provide you with an option to prevent your photos from being copied in the usual way (click with mouse, save image), and it works by them placing a transparent image over yours: when someone tries to copy your image, what is copied is the transparent image they've placed on top of if.

However, because of the way modern operating systems such as Windows and Mac OS work, you can select an area of your screen and copy it to the clipboard. Thus, if it can be displayed, it can be copied.

As Bob said, the best solutions seem to be uploading only low resolution versions of your work and placing watermarks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:28 am 
well when i was looking at this website and i when to do a right click it did not give me a option it just said if you would like our photos contact us at bla bla bla bla. now i was thinking that is a good thing to protect your pic but how. i heard that when postting the pic you have to put a code like this. Alt 0169 but i dont know how. if any one knows it share it with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:43 am 

All Alt+169 (numeric keypad) does is give you the © symbol when you are typing. Some sites (from memory Flash based sites may qualify) offer protection from casual copying or linking but, as luis points out, the "Print Screen" button will still capture what's on the display. If you want this sort of functionality I suggest you go back to the sites you have already visited which offer it and have a look to see what engine is running the show. If it isn't obvious then a polite email to the web master may produce results.

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:47 pm 
<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

//Disable right mouse click Script
//By Maximus (maximus@nsimail.com) w/ mods by DynamicDrive
//For full source code,

var message="Function Disabled!";

///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE4(){
if (event.button==2){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}

function clickNS4(e){
if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){
if (e.which==2||e.which==3){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
}

if (document.layers){
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
document.onmousedown=clickNS4;
}
else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){
document.onmousedown=clickIE4;
}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false")

// -->
</script>

CAN SOME ONE WORK THIS OUT I CANT BUT AM SURE IT WILL DISABLE THE RIGHT CLICK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:54 pm 

Question: Is this for some project of your own or are you suggesting that this should be implemented on the CameraLabs site?

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:03 pm 
f_hidri wrote:
well when i was looking at this website and i when to do a right click it did not give me a option it just said if you would like our photos contact us at bla bla bla bla. now i was thinking that is a good thing to protect your pic but how. i heard that when postting the pic you have to put a code like this. Alt 0169 but i dont know how. if any one knows it share it with us.

AS YOU CAN SEE I SAID TO SHARE IT FOR ALL OF US NOT JUST ME I AM NOT LIKE THAT I WANT EVERYBODY TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT THERE PIC. I DONT MEAN TO PROTECT IT "HERE" COZE NO ONE WILL DO ANYTHING WITH PY PIC BUT IF I HAD OR ANY ONE THAT IS A MEMBER AT THIS FORUM TO ADVERTISE THERE PHOTOS. I AM NOT GOOD AT EXPLAING BUT YOU SHOULD GET WHAT I MEAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:56 pm 

I'm not really sure I appreciate being SHOUTED at in response to what I thought was a perfectly reasonable question. Anyway...

In my opinion the script you have suggested is virtually worthless. The reason I make that assertion is that it does nothing to disable the ability of the browser to show the page's source code (e.g. from Firefox select "Page Source" from the "View" menu). With access to the source code the URL of an image is pretty easy to infer.

I mentioned in a previous post that I thought there might be some Flash based solutions to this problem. In this thread Mark mentioned a product called FotoPlayer. It's not free but it seems reasonably priced and if you check their demo page here it seems to successfully disable not only the right-click technique but also the "Page Source" one as well. The keyboard's "Print Screen" button still works to allow an image to be copied to the clipboard, however. SlideShowPro, mentioned by "G", looks to be another Flash based product which helps protect your work.

Hope this helps. 8)

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:09 pm 
sorry/ is just when some one says i am trying to do something which i am NOT it upsets me but ye i am cool and thanks for your help.
this link http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright2.htm has it all but i dont get it i cant work it out how to do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:12 pm 

There is no real point in trying to disable right click, i can print screen, paste into photoshop then crop the image i want in under 10 seconds anyway so its only going to stop the computer novice.

Watermarks on the other hand, are a different beast. I can probably remove a lot of watermarks, but depending on the complexity can take anywhere from 5 min to ... well hours to get rid of.

In any case, there are even more extreme ways to get past copy protection, for example taking a copy of the signal from the VGA port (DVI etc.) and using that if some how print screen is not able to capture the image.

So in short - there is no way to protect online content in the form of images.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:25 pm 

f_hidri wrote:
sorry/ is just when some one says i am trying to do something which i am NOT it upsets me but ye i am cool and thanks for your help.
this link http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright2.htm has it all but i dont get it i cant work it out how to do it

No problem. We are all a community of friends who just try to help each other out. As for your link to http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright2.htm, the "Page Source" technique I described allowed me to discover
in just a few seconds. :evil:

Bob.