Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:38 am 

Same high taxes issue here in Mexico, the only way I can see and I will support cameralabs is by a donation via paypal.

It really sucks to have to pay 40% more of just taxes. Sadly that's the way it is here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:14 pm 

eagle1337 wrote:
Henry's or Vistek.ca if you could add them It would be great for us Canucks.

Agreed, Henry's in particular. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:17 am 

If Henry's got on board soon, then perhaps some of my D7000 and 16-85 lens (And perhaps some other lenses or accessories) would go towards Cameralabs. That would be wonderful! Considering that Cameralabs is my favorite online photography site, I'd do just about anything to support it!

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

I'd love to add Henrys, but do they offer an affiliate scheme? I couldn't find one on their site...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:32 pm 

I'm not quite sure if they do. Perhaps you should send them an email explaining the scenario, I'm sure that they'd want a major site like Cameralabs on board, at least I would if I owned a store.

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:24 am 
Site Admin

Consider it done! The email that is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:36 am 

In the email, you should mention that a popular photography site like Cameralabs would certainly be a wonderful companion for a large store chain such as Henry's. Considering that Cameralabs receives an immense number of users and viewers each day, it certainly would be possible for Henry's to receive many more viewers and purchasers to their website.

- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:30 pm 
Hi I'm from Australia to and looked at a lot of web sites and found
T-dimensions one of the better sites $3930 for a D700 + 24-70 MM F2.8
zoom and $453.00 GST Instead of $5.500.00 in the camera shops
here. I than ordered a lens from the same people for $475.00 was $1.100
in Australia the savings paid for the GST on the camera & lens so
for $ 4858.00 I got two lenses and the D700 + saved $640 I like your site Gordon but I could not pass that up. T-dimension also sells on E bay
but I don't trust them ! regards drecked

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 am 
Hi, I didn't see this thread until today. I'm very thorought when it comes to compare prices, pros and cons when I'm about to buy something, I've personally used every shop mentioned here: Ebay (US, UK, Spain, Germany...), Amazon (US and UK) and BH among others.

By a long shot with todays US$-Euro exchange rates, the cheaper option is ordering to the US, trouble is shipping costs (the more if the goods ordered are not very expensive) and possible import duties. I've been lucky so far and haven't paid an extra penny yet.

Still, the BH option does not seem the best to me because is not really an option unless for a rather big buy (new camera, flash, expensive lens...), whereas Ebay is IMHO, a more flexible option, I've bought many a thing from Ebay either through Ebay Spain, or Ebay UK and DE, as long as your orders are placed between the EU there are no worries about import duties and shipping costs usually remain decent.

BTW, either amazon.co.uk or amazon.de are also good options within the EU. For example, I recently bought an airbed from them and they now offer free shipping for EU countries! Besides, for what I've heard they are about to expand their business in Europe and will soon open new sites in Spain and other countries.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Beren23 - remember we now also have ebay partnerships, so if you're ordering anything through ebay, please click-through via our support us page first!

PS - hopefully you should already see some ebay Spain ads on our reviews if the geo-trageting is working properly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:15 pm 
The spanish site isn't operative yet, I'll let you know if I can't see any ad through cameralabs when it is. As for entering Ebay through the support page, count on it! :)