Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:16 pm 
HA HA HA

i want that M9 in iPhone!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:54 pm 
I find it funny.

Imagine the wedding photographer with a cell phone camera.

Or the Wildlife photographer with a huge lens on a cell phone.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:27 pm 
Im sure people used to not be able to imagine cameras would be even able to be handheld, let alone be digital :wink:

I find it hard to believe this will be true in the near future...
...but in a few decades time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 pm 
I don't care about this improbable and inconvenient cellphone stuff.
Wake me up when they create something that allows me to take high definition pictures and movies with my own eyes.
That will be the day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:27 pm 

Try astrophotography...

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:40 pm 
I certainly see them killing off the point & shoot cameras, but I cant eaven see them making superzooms obsolete in the next 50 years, yet alone a DSLR.
And there is always the fact that battery life suffers with things like these. I always carry around a iPod eaven tho my phone has great audio playback and 8 GB of space. But my phone will die because its batterys are empty after like 2 hours of listening, while my iPod can go on for nearly 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:54 pm 
Ipod battery life used to be 8 or 9 hours, but the newest ones can be rated up to 36 hours! Times change people, we like change!

Im joking im the last to moan about people not embracing change having switched to digital less than a year ago, but seriously, technology changes meaning that things currently not feasible will soon be the norm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:03 pm 
Yes I understand that technology changes, but i said that mobile phones replacing eaven super zooms in the 30 to 40 years is very unlikely because you would need to play around with making the lenses very compact so likely they can discovery a way in the next 20 years or so, but it would take a few decades for the thing to be eaven feasable for introduction to phones (battery consumption, price), and eaven after that it would take a few decades for the people to catch on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:19 am 

Ahh, the non believers, look back in recent history, who would believe that man would fly, we can land on the moon and we don’t get lost as we have a GPS, heart transplants and hundreds of other inventions.

Looks like many enjoy carrying around a long lens, who cares if a wedding photographer shoots with a wrist watch if the quality is equal or better than what’s available now.

I’m waiting for the invention to make me a instant great phototog, no matter what camera is on the market I ask, “will I be a better photographer” if I own it.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:32 am 
Dude, it's inconvenient.
If they make a DSLephone, nobody will buy it because it will be a failure.
Big, heavy, it's not a good telephone, it's not a good DSLR, what's the point?
If you said that to me in the 90's, when cellphones looked like shoe boxes...

And I'm not even counting the fact that Canon and Nikon would never let this happen.
We live in a world that, since the 80's, what is threatening your power and dominance, is extinguished.
From people to companies.
If there is a "rivalry" (who knows how far this fight goes) between Canon and Nikon is because they want it to happen, don't be fooled.

In conclusion, no, never.
All you said are inventions for sure.
However, this DSLephone is just a mixture of two inventions.
Why do you think it would never be a good idea to have cars flying around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:51 am 

A bit off the topic.

This is an amusing thread, I personally believe flying cars would be a great invention, we would have GPS, anti-collision devices and predetermined flight levels for our trip, the benefits, we save money on road maintenance and no one gets killed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:54 am 
Was just an example of things that are perfect while they are distinct.
Of course there are good multi-functional products (such as computers) and all that stuff but a DSLR in a Nokia cellphone?
To put Canon and Nikon out of business as the name of the topic suggests?
Hm... I don't think so. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:52 am 
I agree with 4xxxx, SLRs have had the same design for 50 years or more. I cant think of another piece of technology that has been around for so long without changing its ergonomics.

And before anybody says "Because it has the perfect design" any pro would definitely say that they are too big. Thats why the mirrorless cameras are taking off in the pro market, to use as a second body. As soon as these ergonomics and usability are as good as slrs, they will take over Im sure. (By this I mean things like AF systems, direct access buttons etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:55 pm 

I love how big my camera is. No knocking the wrong rocker, very stable, good grip.

But indeed,, heavy, and not very inconspicous.