Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Lens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:44 pm 

I purchased a 18-135mm lens for my D40 today (Certified used and covered for 90 days/1 year) from a local shop. Funny thing is I actually went looking for an 18-70mm only to find out that they have been discontinued (if it was mentioned here then shame on me for not being attentive). Anyhow I am enjoying the new lens that was about $180.00us less than the cost new (the shop owner told me the previous owner actually bought the 18-200VR). So good for him for having the money for that lens and good for me for getting a better lens for my D40 for a lot less money.

Well while we where chatting one of the employees told me that Tamron was fitting all of their Nikon mount lenses with internal focusing motors and that if I wanted I could wait a couple months for the new lenses to start to arrive. I was surprised because I hadn't heard anything about this and was wondering if anyone here knew more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

I hadn't heard that, but hope it's true - I imagine it's likely in the future though as lots of their potential customers will have D40s and D40x's...

Post subject: Re: New Lens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:33 am 

Brate wrote:
Funny thing is I actually went looking for an 18-70mm only to find out that they have been discontinued

That's news to me as well. I always thought it was great how Nikon gave customers the ability to choose between build and image quality(18-70) and focal range(18-135) for the same price. Perhaps Nikon plans to update it with VR to compete with Canon? :shock: