Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:25 pm 
Hello, I'm studying multimedia arts in my college and we have a photography (analogic) class. We are doing photograms.
My teacher said that my main problem is every (except one in like 130) compoisition is super well balanced, and everything moves the eye towards the center, and he wanted me to do the oposite (by photogram n#50), to make unblanced composition that also don't move to the center.
Does any one have tips about this?
Also we have to make a theme, mine's "Penetration on the being I" - abstract.
Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

"Penetration on the being I"? Good grief, I don't even know what that means, let alone interpret it photographically...

But basically, you can use things like paths or tree branches or natural shapes in the landscape to lead your eye to a different area...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:20 pm 
:lol:
The theme developed from this:
-Autism;
-Ego;
-How an autistic Ego relates to the external world;
-It doesn't;
-Therefore the external world forces his way into the Ego, wheter autistic or not.
Therefore "penetration of the being I" (it is just a fancy name).
But my main problem with that is I tried using elements to guid the eye, but I (consciously or not) balance it in a way that the lines don't matter much because our eye will be drawn to the middle of the photogram.
Cheers.