Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:58 pm 
Best advertise I have seen for a camera, forget long hours on the toilet after a not so healty diner...
thanks for a good laught!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:31 pm 
I used that camera on a wedding shoot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:32 pm 

This thread keeps getting better and better. What's next, toilet paper rolls rated for 36 "exposures"? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:50 pm 
The supplied batteries are Lithium ion. I wonder what will happen if someone (a Pentax user, obviously) use a NiMH battery. :?: :roll: :roll: :? :? :idea: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:02 pm 
kpr wrote:
"feces detection"

Sooooo, does that mean it'll easily take a pic of a Nikon or Canon anytime anywhere?

All in fun of course :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one KPR :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:47 pm 
Slick3358 wrote:
kpr wrote:
"feces detection"

Sooooo, does that mean it'll easily take a pic of a Nikon or Canon anytime anywhere?

All in fun of course :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one KPR :lol: :lol: :lol:

Citruspers wrote:
No, it detects Micro 4 Turds cameras, happy? :lol:

This reply is even better. You've got to admit. As Kpr himself wrote, "All in fun of course" :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:55 pm 

Thanks Frs

All in good fun indeed. I couldn't care less what cameras you use, as long as you know how to use it and make pictures with it you like. I wonder why brand wars actually start.....I mean, what do I care if you buy Nikon or Canon, I don't have stock in either of them :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:58 pm 

I do understand though why people would buy this Pentax over any other compact...

It might help me on the first days of my holidays...

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:40 pm 

The "mine is better" or "I...made the right choice" is everywhere.
Cars,boats...four wheelers/motorbikes...everytime I go on a rally with either friends or clubs discussions ALWAYS turn to....
Well my Honda will do anything,
my Yamaha can go faster,
my Suzuki doesn't break down as often.... :roll:
I just set back and snicker knowing my Kawasaki at the next mudhole will probably have a tow rope to each of them to get them out,
I usually drive in and hand them an end as well.
So uncharacteristic of me to mention anything while handing the rope either :wink:

LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:08 pm 
One thing i noticed and would love to mention that so far the discussions in this thread are roaming within friendly grounds as we all expect from all the discussions in all the threads. This thread is entirely based on fun and i am sure that it was not intended to humiliate or make any Pentax user feel inferior or start a brand war. I am glad that no one took it seriously and everyone is having fun and used the most appropriate smiley's to express that they are having fun.
@KPR: I agree with you about:
Quote:
The "mine is better" or "I...made the right choice" is everywhere.
well at least that element is not present here, i am sure and hope you agree too. I myself am a Nikon fan but being a Nikon fan has got nothing to do with what i posted on this thread. I was just having fun with some good company. Which is you all. I am not a wise guy, so i'll only say this :
Cheer up guys, Nobody's perfect. Particulary Pentax :wink: :lol:

@Citurspers: You are more then welcome.
:wink:

PS: :lol: "still in fun of course" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:36 pm 

I love how you made a statement about how pentax is also a good brand, and yet managed to make me laugh out loud by slipping that particulary pentax quote in :lol:

But in all seriousness: pentax makes cameras, which create images. And that's all that matters :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:08 pm 
I think a lot of people get defensive about their brands because they want to feel that they have made the right decision when purchasing a product, especially for the kind of money that we all pour into our equipment. I've noticed here at Camera Labs everyone seems to have a good sense of humor when it comes to this kind of joking. :) Citruspers said it, Cameras take images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:17 pm 
Citruspers wrote:
But in all seriousness: pentax makes cameras, which create images. And that's all that matters :)

Agreed and point well taken. "Hats off" to all the Pentax users.
But just imagine the guy who printed that box for Pentax,.... he will be giving the same reason to the Pentax management ...... :lol:
Quote:
pentax makes cameras, which create images. And that's all that matters
This guy sure knows about "multitasking".

I would love to see Bob comment on this thread.

As for me... enough has been said from my side.
Keep smiling everybody.... I am borrowing Bjorn's signature (sorry Bjorn):
"LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, CAPTURE IT WITH ALPHA OR NIKON OR CANON OR OLYMPUS. FOR THE REST, YOU'VE GOT PENTAX :lol:

Ooops! what the hell is wrong with me. Perhaps too much caffine in my blood. I've got to lay low for a while. I don't want Mod's on my back. :wink: Ok guys, i am hibernating for a while.
Everybody have a nice day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:32 pm 

Ahahaha :lol:

But to be fair, if I had to shoot in the rain and I had to pick a DSLR under 1500 bucks I'd definitely pick a pentax. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:55 pm 
Maybe you do Marijn. I've got nothing against Pentax. I was just having a good time at Cameralabs. it's such a nice place to hang around. Specially the OFF Topic section :lol: Although i've no experience with any of their models. But i am sure Pentax do make good stuff. But that pic you posted in this thread... i just can't get it out of my mind. How can someone be that stupid. No matter how small their size is compare to Nikon or canon. They are an international brand. And what about proof reading and similar QC stuff. :roll: :lol: I wonder if this is on youtube. No wonder if you find a lot of empty scotch bottles in their printer's workshop :D That'll explain