Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:18 pm 

Sorry - I have kept out of the discussion up to now but I just don't get why where an image is hosted is an issue.

[well-balanced-self-again]

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

I don't mind where they're hosted so long as we have a thread with all the entries on it at approximaterly the same size...

As for the next one, I suggest we call them by the month, so the next one will start on 1st November! I'll create the forum for then.

Get your thinking caps on for possible subjects!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:24 pm 

Yup, you're right, Bob. We just have to setup the rules accordingly, not throwing one out of the game, because the hosting-site is not up to snuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:28 pm 

My suggestion for a new assignment would be "water" :idea:
Love it :!:
Has many different forms :shock:
And is quite a challenge to capture 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm 

It doesn't matter where the photo is hosted. There are many people who don't want to have a Flickr account so there should be no stipulation to have one to compete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:55 pm 

...so what happens in a years time when we all want to go and look back at the photos...if they are not on a reliable site or one that is gonna just shut up, then they ain't gonna be there.

Besides it gives a clear system of order to the whole thing, its simple enough to understand - copy the link for the medium size image link into the forum in the [img] tags, and put the large size image link into the [url=] tags. Plus Flickr can display the EXIF info in a click for people to check their on EXIF data if they don't use an image editing application.

I suppose it is the person fault for not using a good upload service, so I suppose it is a good point there. I don't like being force to use something I don't want to - so yeah you guys are right there :oops:

Can we however, "advise" people to go with a service like flickr since it is simple and easy to use, plus the site is pretty easy to use and understand.

As for 1st Nov - Sounds splendid :P Water does indeed sound like a good idea, and I have loch less than 250m from me! 8)

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:00 pm 

Dan wrote:
I have loch less than 250m from me!

I envy you :!:
But I'll have "the Sea" in front of my appartment in a few days time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:41 pm 
DD_nVidia wrote:
...so what happens in a years time when we all want to go and look back at the photos...if they are not on a reliable site or one that is gonna just shut up, then they ain't gonna be there.

I will look into this tonight when I get home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:59 pm 
"Water" is too broad of a subject. We'd get different people taking photos of different subjects. If the goal is still to compare views and techniques, I'd suggest something like:

- a glass of water, or
- a cube of ice, or
- a puddle, or
- a pond, or
- a shore or...

well, I think you get the point. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:27 pm 

aha, Thomas you upstage me lol

The loch isn't anything spectacular, but if you get the right angle, the sunset is pretty nice although its going down really early so during the weak the sun is setting by the time I get in from school.

Ant, have any luck looking into the image upload thing?

Luis - Yeah, hmm, a glass of water - super simple subject, so views and techniques would be VERY important in that.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:08 am 
Just to say, I'm really up for this idea! I think it's great. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 am 
I like the sound of the cube of ice and the glass of water. Everyday objects that people tend overlook and like Daniel says, it would be a real show of good technique. We wouldn't even need to leave the house! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:36 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, I've just set up the On Assignment forum here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36

I've set it up a day in advance in case there's any questions or suggestions!

Remember this is your section - I just wanted to give it somewhere easy to find and operate in the forum.

Cheers!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:48 pm 

I closed this thread as all the other discussions around assignments should go on in the appropriate section.

Thank you!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3