Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:01 am 
Here's my work area, and as you can see I do a lot of Graphic Desgin work for my school, local resturaunts, photography and some sports. :)

Can anyone guess what kind of computers I use?

P.S. Pocahauntas was my favorite disney character when I was 3 :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:55 pm 

@antman: there's a nice effect from the LEDs on your case on your bed!
@Daniel: finally sorted out where to put all the monitors on your desk :wink:
------------
P.S.: Wouldn't show my setup here, as it's only single monitor and single computer :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:40 pm 

fearless leader wrote:
Here's my work area, and as you can see I do a lot of Graphic Desgin work for my school, local resturaunts, photography and some sports. :)

Can anyone guess what kind of computers I use?

P.S. Pocahauntas was my favorite disney character when I was 3 :lol:

Hey man, don't worry about it. Amstrad computers are nothing to be ashamed of... :wink:

Zorro 8)

I must start a thread somewhere about tablets. I think maybe someone will have some knowledge of the subject.

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:45 pm 

Roofl @ Thomas! Post it anyway though :D Sometimes the desk is more important than the computer thats on it!

Yeah I got in total (in my house)

2 x 42" Plasma
2 x 32" LCD HDTV (720p)
2 x 22" LCD 1680x1050
2 x 19" LCD 1280x1024
1 x 17" LCD 1280x1024

4 Computers, 1 Dual Core, 3 Single Core (1 is laptop) - All have over 1Gb ram. One is getting upgraded to a Quad Core though. All of them apart from the laptop are overclocked.

We also have more wires than one could need, everything from UDMA, SCSI, SATA, 3.5mm, Phono, Audio Jack, USB A and B and mini, along with various SD CF cards, readers, many many power cables and adaptors for things i've never seen in my life - all in my room :D I'm sorted, we have spare power supplies and everything in my house for the computers, spare power cables for the monitors, spare VGA and DVI and HDMI along with scart, composite and component plus S video cables too! Spare GeForce 4MX sittin as well just in case for the AGP boards, plus some spare ram. Plenty spare keyboards and mice, usb and PS2 along with a wireless set.

I should really start an ebay shop huh lol!

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:09 am 
zorro wrote:
Hey man, don't worry about it. Amstrad computers are nothing to be ashamed of... :wink: I must start a thread somewhere about tablets. I think maybe someone will have some knowledge of the subject.

Hello Zorro,

what are Amstrad computers? what you see is a Sony Vaio All-in-one, and a 13" Macbook

Also, that tablet, is a Wacom Graphire 6x8 I think,

P.S. since I am in Graphic Desgin, I use tablets all the time, feel free if you have questions :D

Keep me posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:42 pm 

Did you modify the Macbook yourself? Looks pretty neat either way! (I just sold my macbook though!)

I have thought about getting a tablet in the past, but I don't think you can get much more accurate than the mouse for a lot of things, especially alignment of stuff etc. although when doing vector stuff, the tablet would be a godsend!

I do however wish there was a way to put the mouse sensitivity up or down on demand (like a second scroll wheel on the mouse or keyboard to increase or decrease sensitivity so when I'm in photoshop @ 100-400% and I only want move like 1 pixel at a time on the thing i'm working on, it would make it a bit easier! (Although I've almost got the whole moving 1 pixel at a time thing done :D (at 100% on my screens)

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:14 pm 

This probably isn't the place for this but I'm pulling out my hair so bear with me. My laptop is having lots of problems. Whilst typing the cursor will jump randomly elsewhere in the text and input my keystrokes there. I've searched high & low for a solution and the best advice I can find is to go to Control Panel\Mouse| and change the touchpad settings there. The only problem with that is that when I go to the mouse settings there are no touchpad options. I've looked in Device Manager and the only pointing device listed is for a PS/2 mouse. I uninstalled this and rebooted. Upon reboot the same PS/2 drivers are installed again.

Anyone got any idea what could be causing this problem? I've tried Fujitsu-Siemens support but of course it's Sunday and they're closed.

Zorro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:55 pm 
Zorro
I think the touch-pad is on 'time-off' But you knew that already.
In the control-panel , Device Manager - the touchpad is listed under HumanInterface or Alps something - maybe you can disable it here.
I would not recommend uninstalling it unless you have the CD drivers with you , using mac at home so all this based on memory, forgive me if I am off-target.
If it does not work, only solution is a USB mouse, for now. Unless you can use the tab key.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:13 pm 

Hi David, thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately I've tried looking there but there's nothing listed for this touchpad. Seems weird as all other mentions I can find of similar problems point to the touchpad drivers. I've been to the Fujitsu site and they don't list any touchpad drivers.

Zorro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:25 pm 

Zorro, I found the touchpad on my FSC under "mice and other pointing devices" in the h/w-manager as a "Synaptics PS/2 Port Pointing Device"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:48 pm 

The only slightly relevant entry I have in Device Manager is to a PS/2 mouse, which of course I don't have. I can find absolutely no mention of Synaptics products or drivers on the FSC site.

If no further ideas come along I've downloaded the Synaptics drivers from the Synaptics site and I'll try installing them and see what happens. Hopefully the machine won't die completely.

Zorro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:52 pm 

Hi Zorro,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Will you be taking it back to Comet for repair?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:56 pm 

I'd rather take it back for a full refund. The way I see it it's not of merchantable quality. Not really sure what to do actually. Why does this happen so often these days? I recently bought an Xbox and had nothing but problems resulting in a new machine and when that showed the same fault I got a full refund. These damn things should work straight out of the box IMHO.

Zorro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:03 pm 

Update - I've downloaded and installed the Synaptics driver (after first creating a system restore point). I now have the touchpad options listed in my Mouse settings window and I'm typing this on said laptop with no problems so far. Touch wood. What I still don't understand though is that if my laptop is supposed to use these drivers why weren't they installed from day one? Also, why would there be no mention of them on the FSC website? Very strange.

Zorro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:08 pm 

That's disappointing news. Perhaps there's an argument in going with the volume producers after all as they can't afford too many returns. Really bad luck.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next