Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:16 pm 

YESS!

I do have to walk 150m to the other high school to do it, but I got in to "crash" the Higher!

The Higher is just less than an English A level - but to be fair they get 2 Years, we get 9 months! Oh and crashing a Higher means you have never done it before and are basically skipping to that level.

Anyway, I rattled through the first booklet which as all about the camera in one period! (55 min) so I am pretty chuffed! The teacher gave me some homework that I can just do in my own time; the first bit was 2 x A4 sheets with photography related vocab on it, "apeture, golden section, dodging" etc. then another one where I have to do a side of A4 paper writing about a particular photograph. <hint> Gordon got any I could do? </hint> Then the last one was a bit of fun, just to do a silly thing to descibe me, probably so he can get an idea of what type of person I am.

It was great though, to talk to some one in person who actual knew and cared about what I was on about, since no one that I am currently friends with enjoys/understands/wants to understand or enjoy photography, so it was nice.

And there is at least one other guy in the class that is serious about photography, Ian. He is gonna be using his dads D80, which is sweet :P Was good chatting with him too.

I got till Tuesday to do the vocab sheet but i'll get it done tonight and hand it in on Friday (I don't go on Thursdays, timetable clash) to make a good impression.

:D :D :D :D

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Daniel, sounds great! As for a critique of a photo, I'd go one of two ways: either a photo by someone well-known which you like (there was a thread about inspirational photographers in the landscape or general forums some time ago), or a photo by someone you know - maybe even someone on this forum...

Basically anything which inspires you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:46 pm 

Yeah, I don't really know any "well-known" photographers as such, so...

I do find the vast majority of the HDR photos facinating, so I might use one of them, I have till Tuesday anyway, so I'll probably give it a good go at the weekend.

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:51 pm 

"Yeah, I don't really know any "well-known" photographers as such, so..."

Cheek!

Zorro :lol:

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:52 am 

Apart from Gordon duh lol!

I can't look at Gordons photos because I don't know where to find them.

:P

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:15 am 
Site Admin

If you like HDR images, we're lucky to have an outstanding photographer in this field in this very forum - Zorro! I'd go for one of his images and if he has time, he may even give you some insight into the hows and whys...