Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 pm 

Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking - link deleted - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:48 pm 

I woudnt worry about disk space unless your going to try to use it as a remote file server. if your hosting a website with just pictures on it I would look into bandwidth limitations. 20gb of storage space should be plenty for a small upstart site.

www.inmotionhosting.com is who I would trust with my hosting needs

they have unlimited storage and unlimited traffic for good prices per month.

here is a list of plans.

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/hostingplans.html

you could also host your own site if you have a decent internet connection and an old pc but thats a whole other bag of worms there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:06 pm 

Just be careful, I got screwed over by SiteGround because what they don't advertise is that your server load IS limited. This isn't bandwidth or storage space, it's how much of the server load you consume - which is not something you can see like disk space or bandwidth.

If you're not using databases or other items that need to communicate with the server you should be OK, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:38 pm 

I am using one.com for my needs. I started with simple cheap web hosting with free support. Also there a lots of options and solutions if you want to upgrade in future. I think they qualify for reliable web hosting provider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 pm 

I've deleted the link in the opening post of this thread which was made by a one-time poster two years ago. That looks like SPAM to me.

I'm also quite surprised that this thread has been resurrected after languishing for two years. Though maybe I shouldn't be. :evil:

Everyone please take care not to use the forum to promote web-sites (via Signatures as well) unrelated to the main business of the forum. Thanks.

Bob.