Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I am...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:38 pm 
selling my first prints tommorow, and I have to say they turned out beter than I expected. Although it isn't of what I would have expected to be selling (football(American, don't want to confuse anyone due to the other threads.haha.)) money is money and I need it before Saturday so I can go get the SB-600.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:45 am 
Site Admin

Congrats Nathan! Can you show us which pictures you'll be selling? And do you have any tips for anyone here who wants to try selling their pics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:09 am 
I will put them on here in a few minutes and as far as my advice goes, work with what you can and be open for ideas. I never thuoght I would be taking pictures of football, but the same day I got my new lens I went over to a school football game to try it out, asked some people if I could go to the side-lines and arieal booth to take pictures for the school and although it was my first try I ended up getting a couple good shots. I showed the pictures to some of the players and they decided to buy, so I will have a small income for awhile. I was just really straight forward about it, and told people that if they would want to buy pictures off me then I will try to get some good shots of them.Although this is not where I want to go with my photography, this is just something to practice with and make some quick cash, I decided to go ahead and pick up an SB-600 Speedlight that will help when I am on the side-lines and in my general photography. I only have to pictures to show from the first game, and I will add more through-out the season to this thread if people are interestes, I am sure the IQ will be much better now that I know how to cope with the conditions(and the speedlight will help out a little to :wink: ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:32 am 
here are the two prints I am selling tommorow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:14 am 
Site Admin

Cool... I also like your Avatar - nice portrait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:28 am 
Thanks Gordon, it was my first try at this kind of shooting but I guess I did alright. Thanks about the avatar aswell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:25 pm 
Nice Nathan, I like the look of those pictures. So what lens did you use again?? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:58 pm 
Nikkor 55-200mm VR, first day with it, and when I get the sb-600, which it might turn out I get the SB-800 depending on how much I am selling this stuff for, the pictures will be much easier to take next game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:32 pm 
Nicely done! ... and with a D40. :wink:

Just out of curiosity, and as the "only 6 megapixels" if often used as an argument, what size are you going to make your prints?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:51 pm 
I printed them 8 x 10 on premium photo paper and it looks great, I can only imagine what, say the Canon EOS 1Ds MK3, would look like haha. Thanks.