Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Holy crap I am happy!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:27 pm 
I was just informed that I might have one of my photos in the next issue of Digital SLR User...Thats right Gordon one of your own mags. I really hope it is put in there, I just got the email and they were asking for EXIF data all the info, what inspired the shot, all kinds of stuff. If I remember correctly the ones they put in their best shots go in the magazine so I might be in for something great!So Gordon you should put a good word in for me, even if it is just a small picture in there.haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Nathan, congratulations! I hope they select your photo for the magazine - I'm afraid I don't get involved in the selection process, but I wish you the best of luck!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:27 pm 
Oh, thats too bad, I was hoping you could put a good word in for me.haha. Well I won't let that put me down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:58 pm 
Congrats Nathan!

Darrin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:18 am 
Thanks, Darrin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:25 pm 
Congrats and good luck. Out of interest, did you submit your photo to them or did they happen to see it elsewhere and contact you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:49 pm 
Well I made an account on their website like 2 weeks ago and put a few pictures on, then I get the email. They picked it out of like 5000 user's portfolio so I guess I must have done something right.haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 am 
congrats Nathan! Really great news.

Have they confirmed which pic will be chosed? It's difficult to find 'D SLR User' magazine where I live, so I probably won't be able to see it in the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:38 am 
well I plan to take a legible picture while still artsy so you can check it out on my flickr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:04 am 
Congrats Nathan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:09 pm 
Very Impressive, Hope your shot makes it FRONT PAGE. MAybe they will give you a NEW ALPHA A700..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:28 pm 
Haha, I would kindly accept, although I would probably try to sell it so I could buy a D300, since I already have Nikon lenses and a flash(as of tommorow).Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:31 pm 
Well if all goes well I will be getting a REALLY GOOD camera in the new year even if I just got the E510