Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Games
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:09 am 

Howdy folks. I was wondering if anyone here's into playing computer games. I'm afraid it's a vice I'm all too guilty of myself, lol.

Anyone playing on-line? If so what platform and what games are you using?

For myself I'm a car nut so I've always had racing games, from as far back as Geoff Crammond's Stunt Car Racer (yup, I'm that old) to my current pick, Forza Motorsport 2. I only got the X-Box 360 a couple of days ago but I've got to say it's a damn good machine. The graphics in Forza run so smooth. I picked up the demo of Bioshock and it's a great game but for it I'll be sticking to the PC version as the graphics are even nicer on my PC than on the X-Box.

Zorro.

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:59 am 
As I put in my post on the "hobbies" topic I am a hardcore online gamer, mostly FPS)first person shooters + Gears of War.haha) but my brother sold the 360 as he went to college so I am not gonna game as much becasue I would much rather put my money into new camera gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:11 am 

I got Gears of War with the console but I'll be trading it soon as. I just can't get to grips with it at all. It looks terrific though, lol.

I'm trying to figure out a way to put the Cameralabs logo on my cars in Forza (assuming that's alright with Gordon) but although it's possible, it's so far proved beyond my skills.

Zorro.

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:08 am 
Site Admin

Of course it's alright! Especially if you can get the URL on there somewhere too!

Hang on, does that then make it tax deductable?!

Post subject: Re: Games
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:16 pm 
zorro wrote:
Howdy folks. I was wondering if anyone here's into playing computer games. I'm afraid it's a vice I'm all too guilty of myself, lol.

Well, I've been playing computer games since I got my first computer, a Sinclair ZX Spectrum. It was the 128K version, with a tape recorder attached. :-)

I did play online for a couple of years, with a PC and the roleplaying game Neverwinter Nights.

Today, I'm mainly using an Xbox 360 for gaming, but never got to playing online with it, as I've been obsessed with Oblivion, for which there is no multiplayer option.

I've also tried the Bioshock demo and am very impressed with it. If you take the time to read the info that the demo provides as you progress you'll notice the game will allow the player to have a camera with which to take photographs of the mutants and thus do "research". It will be interesting how the game will classify the photos (these will be worth more as they are more "interesting"). The first game ever to use photography skill as a way to advance one of the scores?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:26 pm 
actually in Dead Rising you are a photojournalist who goes to the zombie infested town and gets locked in the mall for 3 days and it is a totally free lance game, you decide which bosses you wanna fight and if you go certain places at certain times(you have a watch to know how long the game will last)different stories lines and differnt missons come into play. You rack up big scores based on the quality of your photos and everything you can pickup is a weapon.haha.