Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:14 pm 
Hi DD_Nvidia
Unfortunately, i have all my music in M4A format, and i have a grudge against WMP, no offence! iTunes looks good, is simple to use, and i use the itunes store quite a bit to! Also Genius is great!
Thanks Anyway!
Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:46 pm 
finally got around to getting a snapshot here, was waiting for a compact to borrow to do this but aw well, just threw my moms old AE-1 in there for looks. anywho photoshop autoleves/color/sharpen so it seemed like it took some time, annnnd without further adu. heres my baby, 500gb + 320gb 7500rpm, core 2 duo, duel monitors (only way to go), and 4 gigs of ram and a sweet 5.1 sound system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:26 am 
too bad the two monitors arent the same though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:04 pm 
Gregory.Rotter wrote:

They don't have to be the same. Different monitors for different tasks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:29 pm 
indeed, 1 high res for photos/movies games, 2nd for research, websites, itunes. :D.

and the fact it was $100 off for the 17" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:00 pm 
Photoj wrote:
Gregory.Rotter wrote:

They don't have to be the same. Different monitors for different tasks...

I never said they did. I was talking about aesthetics, and ergonomics. It's easier to span work over two displays if you so chose if the monitors are the same size (at least). I'm not saying it's better to stick with one monitor than use two different monitors, I'm saying what I would do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:05 pm 
oh, yeah in that regaurds your coment makes more sense. That prolly would have been one of the main things i would have been looking for had i not been able to just get such a great deal on this one :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:40 pm 
Wow, I can see there are so many talented people on here! Of course I had to post since the Mac's seem to be thin in the ranks. My workstation has the look of a left-brained person, but I'm working on that :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:07 am 
Some nice workstations guys! Will be upgrading my PC in a few days (including case, so the general view will change :D) and will update then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:21 am 
looking at all your guy's stuff makes me want to clean my workspace, maybe get a tablet. ugh i need a new desk haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:37 pm 

Quote:
My main computer HD is also in raid 1 so I'm not worried about mechanical failure. My only risk is unwanted deletion.
I don't have any raid :shock:
I just have one 500Gig as system and one 1Tera as Data...
...in my primary system
My backup system is a computer built identically as the first apart from the speed of the CPU and the graphics card...
... again with 500Gig plus 1Tera
I make a backup to the secondary system before I delete my 16GB flash card in the camera, so at any given point in time I always have at least two copies of every picture apart from those images I just shot before I returned home. These backups occur once a week or once a month the latest.

This way:
1. you never lose something due to HD-crash
2. you never lose something due to a delete/format/defrag action
3. you never lose something due to a virus break out on one computer

As to the disks: I use maxtor and Hitachi. Just gave 2x Samsungs new 1Tera back due to unprecedented problems.
Mobo: I went for Gigybyte after a series of probs with Asus
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 at 3GHz + 2 GB RAM, WinXP Prof
Printing: CanonPixmaPro9000 / Viewing: NEC 2690 WUXI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:45 pm 
Thomas wrote:
Quote:
My main computer HD is also in raid 1 so I'm not worried about mechanical failure. My only risk is unwanted deletion.
I don't have any raid :shock:
I just have one 500Gig as system and one 1Tera as Data...
...in my primary system
My backup system is a computer built identically as the first apart from the speed of the CPU and the graphics card...
... again with 500Gig plus 1Tera
I make a backup to the secondary system before I delete my 16GB flash card in the camera, so at any given point in time I always have at least two copies of every picture apart from those images I just shot before I returned home. These backups occur once a week or once a month the latest.

This way:
1. you never lose something due to HD-crash
2. you never lose something due to a delete/format/defrag action
3. you never lose something due to a virus break out on one computer

As to the disks: I use maxtor and Hitachi. Just gave 2x Samsungs new 1Tera back due to unprecedented problems.
Mobo: I went for Gigybyte after a series of probs with Asus
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 at 3GHz + 2 GB RAM, WinXP Prof
Printing: CanonPixmaPro9000 / Viewing: NEC 2690 WUXI

If it aint got an accompanying picture it aint true ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:41 pm 

Well, those 1Tera drives are barely recognizable :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:02 pm 
Whats the Pixma like Thomas? I was considering this one at one stage, that's the A3 one isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:11 pm 

You can find some remarks on this printer here and there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next