Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mac book pro latch...
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:26 am 

Hello everyone,

Id had my mac book pro for over a year and iv had no problems what so ever, until last night.

I turned it off as i usually do just before I went to bed, closed it and it popped back up. So i tried again, closed it but it appears the latches arent locking it in place.
So i now have a Laptop that doesnt close, making it slightly less portable and VERY annoying!

Is there anything anyone can suggest that might fix it? because it would appear my warranty has ran out.
Thanks in advance!
Alex

EDIT - Problem solved! i hate dust!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:19 am 
gaffa tape works :wink:

Last edited by Big Pix on Thu May 15, 2008 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:30 am 

have you tried gently tapping the latch area to free them incase they have came stuck....

was it only the one year warranty your had, or did you buy apple care, if only one you buy some apple care for that extra 3 years protection, then take the lappy along to apple store to be fixed...

Or

if you feel brave enough remove the lid and clean out the mechanism of the latch (propably only a wee bit of gunk holding it back) and at the same time clean out the heatsink and fans which helps the machine to run quieter and colder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:24 am 
Just for interest - if you bought it through the education discount scheme it might be eligible to be uplifted to a 3 year warranty. Worth finding out...

"AppleCare Base Warranty Certificate for the Higher Education National Contract. The AppleCare Base Warranty is a uniquely integrated service and support solution that extends your built-in service and support coverage from date of purchase as follows:- 1 year phone support / Apple Applications Support (*)- 3 years Hardware Warranty Parts & Labour (*)"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:47 am 

i think you can only get apple care discount when purchased with the machine, if bought after i think its full price..

anyways i originally got mine for £50 instead of £299 throught the student program.