I assume alot of photographers are like myself, and change their desktop backgrounds frequently based on images they take that they like or something cool they have found on the web. I found the normal system of setting my desktop backgrounds to be a bit cumbersome from Aperture, so I did a little bit of poking around and found this tip:
First, goto your applications folder and launch Automator
1.Choose File -> New
2. In the Library column, choose Applications -> Finder.
3. In the Action column, double-click on the Get Specified Finder Items entry.
4. In the same Action column, double-click on the Set the Desktop Picture item.
5. Now choose File -> Save As. Here we type the name, for example Picture to Desktop, and below in the File Format drop-down list, change Workflow to Application.
6. Specify any place to save file. For example, your Home directory.
Open your Home directory. It is possible (with the Get Info window for the new file) to paste a new icon onto the application, in case you don't want the default Automator icon.
7. Don't close your Home directory, and then drag your new application to the Dock.
There you go! Now the Desktop wallpaper is established by simply dragging an image onto the Dock icon for your new application.
This only works for OX 10.4 and up