Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:10 pm 
ive tried orsen, i was looking to justify spending the big bucks on a mac, but why would i do that when i can get a pc for nearly half the price with the same exact specs. i will admit the new black imacs look pretty spiffy, and that macbook air or something rather is crazy thin though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:54 pm 

LahLahSr wrote:
The Macs are basically PCs with a different operating system on them.

When it comes to photography, they can both run the same software - most photo-related programs are made for both platforms.

However, if you want to use your computer for a wide variety of things - say games - the MACs are the pits, since most games are made for Windows.

Windows XP is fairly stable now and runs fast. If you're hung up on the GUI, you can always install a shell program like windows blinds and stardock and knock yourself out with doo-dads.

Apple is a brand name, using common generic components wrapped in a unique - and for some - pleasing design, paired with an operating system that is well suited for beginners, since it's so user friendly.

But that comes with a surcharge. Whether it's worth it, is an individual preference of course.

I choose to use a Windows PC because of the much larger selection of software for it and because it is - by far - the most common operating system in the world. Sure, I might find MAC OS more intuitive, but having been on the Windows platform since Windows was introduced, it's second nature.

However, VISTA is an unmitigated disaster..lol.

Cheers :-)

aint no common generic components in a mac!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:39 am 
Big Pix wrote:
........ and yes mine is on the way, 3.06 with 4g of ram......

......Well now, I picked up this beast today, on my way to a location shoot. I have had a little play tonight using Capture NX, and it makes this program sing. I will get PSCS3 loaded over the next few days and report back, but so far, this is one quick machine.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:41 pm 
Well now...... home at last, and all I have managed to do is plug the new beast in and profile the screen. I have it sitting next to my 20 inch Apple screen and it makes the Apple screen look small. I am looking forward to having a play when I get CS3 loaded, but I am still busy PP and burning my work to DVD to send off to my client. I may get a day or 2 next week before I am off again for a few days but closer to home........