Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:18 pm 

I have a photo studio set up in my basement. I want to download pictures to a tablet in my basement, file share them with my computer upstairs, and work on them there. I don't know if thats even possible. What would I have to do :?:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:59 pm 

I'd recommend either Google Drive or Dropbox. Both work pretty nice for cloud storage, but if you want only local sharing, I use a great app named FileApp which uses either FTP sharing within the same Wi-Fi network or USB sharing, but I'm not sure if you can use it for your tablet. Which tablet do you have?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 am 

Maybe it is just your wording but I would recommend using the computer as the main storage device and the tablet as the secondary display device.

As mentioned you have several choices in terms of sharing but the general idea is that no matter where your images are stored each device you wish to use can access them in some way. So you could store the images using a cloud based service (Dropbox, SkyDrive, iCloud etc) or a NAS (network attached storage drive) device which is essentially a hard disk sharing files on a network or just store the image on you computer and set up some basic form of file sharing.

http://keystrokesukimages.com