Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

I should add that while I love the portability of my MBA 13in, I do miss having a mic socket, network socket and more USB ports.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:37 pm 

Been a windows user ever since the beginning and am completely stumped when it comes to MacBooks. Can anyone give a convincing argument as to why Apple laptops are much better then Microsoft?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 pm 

My pedantic answer would be "because MS doesn't made laptops" :lol:

My real answer is that they aren't specifically better, but the provide a different/better/easier (YMMV) user experience. The touchpad alone is worth it, because gestures have changed the way I do things, and I *rarely* ever use my mouse except when I'm booted into Windows and need it because the Bootcamp drivers don't do inertial scrolling or semi-sane two-finger right-clicking.

You also get wicked battery life and the form factors are industry-leading. The screens are nice, and it's not a weak, feeble, or plasticky construction of the chassis... Cheaper laptops from other brands just kill me when you pick them up and they creak or flex. Some say the unibody design helps with heat distribution too, although I don't know how effective it is.

I won't be buying another PC laptop anytime soon as I've definitely fallen in love with the Apple experience thus far. I'm still not sold on the price/performance of their desktops though...

Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 7D | Canon Digital Rebel XSi | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 135mm f/2L | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II | LumoPro LP-120

My Flickr

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:20 am 

Quote:
Can anyone give a convincing argument as to why Apple laptops are much better then Microsoft?
They are not much better for all users in the same way there is no single camera manufacturer that is best for all users. However, for a less technical user who wants a 1 stop shop for most of the hardware and software Apple provide a more complete solution.

If you are perfectly happy with using Windows and making hardware choices then in most cases a PC/Windows solution will give you a lower initial cost with potentially more raw computing power for your money.

In general terms, if you want to use a computer you buy Apple products and if you want to learn about computers you buy PC/Windows products.

http://keystrokesukimages.com

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:57 pm 

Good choice on the mbp! There are very few viruses that effect apple computers and as a result of this macs are safer and you don't have to use any antivirus software. As a result of this and a few other reasons apple computers do not slow down very much over time which means they do not have to be replaced as often. The apple OSX is also a lot 'lighter' than Windows which means it requires less power. This results is more of the systems power being used for the application programs that you are using.

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin