Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 am 
Wacom is indeed the premium manufacturer.

For your purposes, thereza333, I suggest you go with the Bamboo.

There are two major differences between Bamboo and Intuos. One is pressure levels and the other is resolution. Of course both are in favour of Intuos which is why it's more precise but also way more expensive.
For sketching you definitely don't need that precision. For editing photos either, unless you're really passionate about that and you want to do it on a per pixel basis :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 am 
it turns out that my univeristy mac store had both the bamboo and intuos tablets on display. i was blown away by both models. i had a little play and within 10min i was shetching like i would with a pencil and paper.
the bamboo has (what i think to be) a better feel to the active area. the bamboo one was more rough and paper like but the intuos had a shinny slipery active area. it was a intuos 3 and the lady told me she uses the 4 and that its active area is more like the bamboo.

another thing: the pen. its a bit thick. i sketch with derwent pencils which are very light and thin so using the pens was odd for me. the bamboo pen was thinner but the intuos gave me more control (pressure sensitivity etc was better).

i think im going to save for the intuos 4. its going to take some getting used to but i know its the one 4 me. they tablets in store where both approx 6X8 inches and that seemed liked plenty of space. when drawing i did not feel the size lacking at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:48 pm 
I also find that the thickness of the Grip pen somewhat problematic. When it comes to the active surface, my Intuos3 is slippery but not shiny.

Anyway, it may not feel as you draw on paper with the standard nibs but there are other options too. There are very rough nibs which feel like hard pencil on rough paper...I'm even scared to press harder when I use them as if it might damage the active surface.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:50 am 
ive got a wacom cintiq 12wx the A4 size this one is a actual screen that you draw on, im doing a industual design course at universaty and i tell you it is the best thing ever, and now that ive got my dslr the images are so much easyer to edit.
id suggest you buy the A2 cintiq it is alot of money but a good investment and if you have any problems they will just replace it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLEubvE5ZQ4
watch the link.
p.s if you do get it get the little black glove and get the felt nibs on the wacom website they are the best to draw with give a pencil feel and the glove alows your hand to slide freely.