Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:34 pm 
yeh there servers ae going to be at max! Although even if we dont get to download it, i am sure it will be up on torrent sites pretty quickly! Or at other places/websites to download!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:38 pm 
Here we go, this has just cleared things up:

This entry was written on the Windows Blog, by Brandon LeBlanc, take a read, looks to be genuine!

As of today, I am running the Windows 7 Beta on several different PCs including my laptop, my work PC, and my PC at home, which I upgraded recently to Windows 7 from Windows Vista SP1. (I’ll be outlining the PCs I’m using to test Windows 7 shortly.) I’m all connected with HomeGroup, I’ve got several different Libraries set up, and I’m loving the new Windows Taskbar. I’ve got Windows Media Center recording my favorite TV shows and my Zune 80 syncing up with the Zune software. And things are even better with Windows Live Essentials installed. I find the Windows 7 Beta to be an amazing beta release and I am extremely excited for you to get your hands on it later this week! I’d like to take a moment to share some specifics regarding the Windows 7 Beta that I think are very important for people looking to give Windows 7 a spin.
On January 9th, the Windows 7 Beta will be available for Windows enthusiasts to download via the Windows 7 page on Windows.com. The Windows 7 Beta is going to be available download-only (we’re not sending out physical media) and available for a limited time to the first 2.5 million people who download the beta.
The Windows 7 Beta will be available in English, German, Japanese, Arabic, and Hindi, and each language will be available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions (except Hindi which will only be available in 32-bit). Because the Windows 7 Beta will be offered download-only, it will be provided to you as an ISO image (an .iso file) that you download. After downloading either the 32-bit or 64-bit ISO image of the Windows 7 Beta, you will be required to burn the ISO image to a DVD to install Windows 7. So you want to be sure you have a DVD burner before spending the time downloading the ISO image.
To burn the ISO image of the Windows 7 Beta to DVD, if your PC comes with Nero or Roxio products – you should be able to burn the ISO image to DVD. If you don’t already have DVD burning software on your PC, you can also check out ImgBurn which is free and can be downloaded here.
The Windows 7 Beta only supports Windows Vista SP1 to Windows 7 upgrades. So if you intend to do an upgrade – be sure it is on a PC running Windows Vista with Service Pack 1. We are not yet announcing anything regarding finalized upgrade paths for Windows 7.
The Windows 7 Beta will be only available in one edition, which is roughly equivalent the Ultimate edition of Windows Vista.
Also, another important thing to keep in mind is that the Windows 7 Beta will expire on August 1st, 2009.
I also need to emphasize that this is a beta of an unreleased operating system. Be sure to backup all your important data. As much as the Windows 7 Beta completely rocks, part of the beta process is discovering bugs and reporting those bugs. Some of those bugs could possibly lead to data loss. I tend to be a risk-taker myself and have gone all-out with the Windows 7 Beta by putting it on almost all my PCs both at work and at home, but not everyone should do this. I recommend using Windows Vista’s Backup and Restore features to ensure your information is backed up before trying out the Windows 7 Beta. Click here for several methods of backing up your data in Windows Vista.
The Windows 7 Beta is targeted toward the enthusiast crowd – people excited and knowledgeable with technology. If you don’t quite understand much of what I’ve written above, it is probably best you don’t try to install the Windows 7 Beta.
If you are an IT Professional, you can visit the Springboard Series for Windows 7 on TechNet (see the Windows 7 tab) on January 9th to sign up for the Windows 7 Beta but also can also get access to dynamic resources including video walkthroughs and the new Windows 7 forums.

Hope that cleared some of you guys questions up, also you can sign up for RSS feeds from 'The Windows Blog' to be notified of the availibilty to download the Beta!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:02 am 

I downloaded Vista RC2 when it cam out in under 60 minutes.

I have no idea how since it was over 4GB.

Everyone else was probably outside...lol!

I've had the previous betas, never got round to installing them, well i did once but never had the patience to circumvent the stuff stopping me from installing it. Not that i would 8)

I hope it stays as fast as the beta - I remember Vista Beta 1 and 2 - BLISTERING fast, and now what do we have :x

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:08 am 
DD_nVidia wrote:
and now what do we have :x

A pile of crap! Well not quite, but i suppose it works, its fine, although it could and should be A HELL OF ALOT BETTER! Hopefully Windows 7 will do something like this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:23 am 

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what what, for the want of a better term, the expiration date of the beta will be? I wonder if it will be possible to install it onto a virtual machine, courtesy of VMWare or Virtual PC 2007?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:25 am 
I am pretty sure the expiry for the beta is about August 1st 2009!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:48 am 

On running it under VM, I was looking at the minimum requirements somewhere earlier and one of them is DX9 gfx, so that might be a stumbling block. I'm not up to speed when it comes to 3D under VMs although I do know VMware have put it in, I'm not sure what level it is at. Rough guess, if it can run Vista with Aero, it will probably be ok for Win7?

Tinies: Sony HX9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 am 

Hi folks,

PC Pro has a video showing some of the new features of Windows 7. It can be viewed here. Clever stuff but I hope that Microsoft isn't falling into the trap of believing that "spinning" actually makes something better. :wink:

You know, I could wreck one of those touch screen monitors in just a few minutes if I followed my usual routine of browsing for news while eating a slice of toast. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 am 
I would to, bob! :lol: ! Right a microsoft employee has said this:

'when we say Jan. 9th, 2009 its Pacific Time.'

Its 3:08AM there now, and 11:07 here in GMT, so for us the download in theory should be availabe about around 8PM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:19 am 
popo wrote:
On running it under VM, I was looking at the minimum requirements somewhere earlier and one of them is DX9 gfx, so that might be a stumbling block. I'm not up to speed when it comes to 3D under VMs although I do know VMware have put it in, I'm not sure what level it is at. Rough guess, if it can run Vista with Aero, it will probably be ok for Win7?

VMWare 2.0 supports DX9c so it should run, in theory. Vista's aero also ran on DX9 so there shouldn't be too many differences in this area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:13 pm 
So by my calculations, its around about 4:00am on the 9th on the west coast of USA... does anyone know what time it is going to be avaliable?

its almost 11:00pm where i live, and I'm not too keen on staying up waiting for it... but i REALLY WANT TO TRY THIS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:16 pm 
Hi Jake, the download is meant to be available on Friday Afternoon PST time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:26 pm 
grrrrr... :evil:

that means that i'll have to wake up around 6.30am to download it.... this stupid OS better be worth it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 pm 

They are bringing back Virtual Folders - YESSSS!!!!

I soooo WANTED that feature back in Longhorn Beta 1 >_<

Still no Win FS =/ bummer. I want rid of the registry lol

I hope the browsing through tabs is avaliable with all types of tabbed applications, even if an update for stuff like Firefox has to be released.

P.S. ... windows.com isnt loading haha! - or at least it is, but so slowly i'm sure it'll time out.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:05 pm 
Hi Guys, Do you think that the torrent which is up at the moment, is going to be any different from the beta you are going to download from microsoft?? As i am thinking i might just download it from the torrent site, rather than sit here and wait!
Cheers

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next