Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:13 am 

I'm planning for a 10 month trip and wondering if I should take a laptop. My Dell Studio 15 is way to large, but is it worth buying something like an Acer Aspire One to do photo editing on?

What are the other options for mobile photo editing? I dont suppose you can instal Adobe Elements 6 on a USB can you? I'll miss my photosoftware!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 am 
Hi stevesayskanpai,

If your USB stick shows up as a drive - e.g Drive G: - it should be possible to install to it. However, that doesn't make it a run-time piece of software, since Windows require the software to be installed into it's registry to be able to use it.

But I suppose you could copy the entire disc-image onto a USB stick so that you can install the software on any PC you jack it into. that may not be in keeping with your license-agreement (not sure how Adobe keeps track of that - issue would be with online activation of a new install perhaps).

Good luck with the planning :-)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:39 pm 
I have this laptop and i use it every now and then for photo management with my FZ-50 and its quite slow. doesn't like photos haha. oh well still works fine