Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: How would you price it?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:27 pm 
I have a gig to supply photos for a symposium news paper. It will be 5 days of shooting 7am to 7pm or later they would also like photos of the staff setting up for the next day.
I was thinking $600 a day does that sound like too much?

Last edited by just take the pix on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:36 am 
John,

Sorry to keep shooting you down over the forum, but having had a look at two of your images on the forum, and also your flickr, I think your instinct at the rate you want to charge is right: it is far too much.

Lighting is key in photography, and I think you should explore this area in more depth.

Kind regards,

Ed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:40 am 

just take the pix wrote:
h g

Oh, that's a shame. :( :?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:15 pm 
Ed,

What would you suggest I charge then??? Thank you for saying that it was too much and not giving me an idea of what too charge that was real helpful.

Last edited by just take the pix on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:31 pm 
Bob Andersson wrote:
just take the pix wrote:
h g

Oh, that's a shame. :( :?

Bob.

Sorry about that I went in to edit my post and screwed to up :? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:23 pm 
just take the pix wrote:
Ed,

What would you suggest I charge then??? Thank you for saying that it was too much and not giving me an idea of what too charge that was real helpful.

Sarcasm noted.

Take a look at local photographers and see what they charge. Then undercut it by around 10-15%. At 12 hours a day for 5 days, I would make this $100-150 less than your estimate per day. The experience that you will get will outweigh the small financial loss.

Be sure that you will retain ownership of the photographs when you agree to cover the work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:10 am 
Thank you for the advice I will make sure that I keep all rights to the photos I take. Good to see that you can take a little sarcasm

Thank you again,

John