Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:31 pm 

I change my card usually every 500 cards or so, just to keep things fresh...I tend to order just one design every 500 cards, rather than mixing designs - I like to go for a nice, high-grade thick stock for the card and spend a bit more, with a nice matte finish. They're all just quickie self-designs - I choose one of my photos I happen to like at that time, and arrange the text portions in matching colors. I tend to stick to the same fonts, and include the same basic information on the card - my name, photographer, link to website gallery, contact e-mail and phone number. I mostly got the cards because I often find myself chatting up other people when out shooting who ask if I have a site or keep a gallery, so it's an easy way to give it to them without writing anything down. I am an "amateur/entry-level pro" (as I like to call myself) in that I do occasionally sell prints, sell for publication, and do some shoots for hire, but it is not a primary career or my main source of income. It's sort of a self-funding hobby for me. My current card is this:

Sorry for the low quality - it's a quickie scan of my card. Just the basic info on there for me...I used the bird this time because it is a place I frequent often, and probably the location I most often give out my cards...and because biridng is definitely a big chunk of my photography. The cards I usually just do through a local office supply chain here in the states - Office Depot. They have an easy-to-use online design templater, with full customization, so I can pull up my previous design, swap out the background photo, change font colors, or move a few things around, and have a new card design in just a few minutes - then send the order electronically and either have it shipped or picked up in-store.

[EDIT MOD: Just resized your image Justin, maximum dimension is 1024 pixels. Bjorn]

Galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:19 pm 

I like it Justin! The colors match well. I'm sure it looks even better in print.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:48 pm 

Thanks Bjorn (and sorry on the size - I thought it was the 1024x I was posting - didn't realize until after it was up).

Galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:50 pm 

I think Moo cards r pretty nice

http://uk.moo.com/en/products/business_cards.php

I'll probably use it later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:25 am 
Moo cards are the best. Expensive but worth it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6