Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Photography Courses
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:17 am 
Hello all,

Ok first things first Im not wanting to go pro just yet! so much to learn!

I am a very new photographer, if I can even call myself that!

I live in London and was wondering if anybody can reccomend a decent course that will get me on the right track? I am interested in sport photography, especially motorsport, so will be trying to focus mainley on that.

I have already done a google search and found a few places, just wanted your suggestions also.

Thanks for any help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:04 am 
go to local pro shops, not ritz, but maybe indie shops, that sell pro equipment, most of the time they can help and point in the right direction, our local pro shop has a weekly class for different levels of experience, london is a big place, google photography clubs, search flickr, see if there are groups that meet up, make new friends =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:16 am 
I belong to two camera clubs, when I was looking for camera clubs I did a search for "Camera Clubs in the UK" in Google clicked the button to search UK only and I think the 1st one that came up was a database of clubs in the uk layed out in "County" order was then very easy to find one in my area.
I found two that were local to me 1st was "Bracknell Camera Club" they meet evry week on a Thursday, 2nd was Sunningdale Camera Club but they meet only once every month, so we are members of the Bracknell one now.
The second club that I belong to was a chance meeting with their Secretary on a Railway Bridge one morning back in October last year and was invited to come along to their next meeting, it is a dedicated camera club to all things Transport ie. Trains, Planes, Buses and Lorries(Trucks) and is called "The Craven Club" they are based in Earley which is a suburb of Reading and meet on the 1st Friday of every month.
So I would think living in London would be very easy to find one close to you just "Google"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:49 pm 
thanks for the advice guys, i will ive that a try!