Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:02 pm 

Being a professional photographer puts you in the artistic category and allows for a certain amount of “creative licence” which some may even interpret as iconic or trend setting.

Since this is a competitive business, I suggest shattering the norm/myth and braking away from the pack.

This can be achieved through individuality and becoming famous. I suggest doing all shoots dressed only in your underwear and barefoot, or if body composition doesn’t allow, then a parka, scarf and snowmobile boots.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:05 pm 
@WestCoast

hmm na.

But i think if i found a sexy hot model and put HER in boots a scarf and NO parka.. that would be a sexy shoot.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:32 pm 

One example of an individualist who sadly passed away earlier this year is Brian Duffy. :cry:

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:49 pm 

R.I.P.

A classic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

In situations like these, it's also worth thinking about it from the other person's perspective. if you were hiring or working with a photographer, what would YOU like them to wear? If I'm being paid for something I'd always try and be relatively smart, but ultimately let the situation dictate - for example, at a wedding you'd need to be smart, but at a beach party, you'd be a lot more casual.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:22 am 

It depends on the type of shoot you have booked. For instance, if it's a wedding, more formal attire is in order. If it's a more casual shoot, like seniors or babies, or maternity, I typically go for casual slacks, and a knit shirt so I can bend, squat, or whatever is necessary in comfort. For an event, I ask the event coordinator in advance. Keep thinking I will have some polo shirts embroidered with my logo, but have yet to take the time to do that.