Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:17 pm 
I was at a seminar a few weeks ago and one of the new products in wedding and portrait photography that's starting to catch on is a video presentation. You can thank the iPod/iPhone craze for this, and to a certain extent YouTube and Facebook.

So here's my latest portfolio, done as a video presentation. With services like Animoto, it's really easy to turn out a high quality product that's tremendously popular with clients (everyone I've spoken to thinks it's a great idea :)).

Here's the link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:32 pm 
wait, what exactly did you use to edit the video? it's really nice, and with the right music it can be perfect to make a thing like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:10 pm 
I used Animoto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 am 

Looks great and I can see your website is coming along now, as no longer empty links. It seems you have replaced your traditional gallery. Is there not room for both?

What about the copyright for the music? How did you licence it? I can think of some nice tracks that would be great to use, however not sure how much it would cost to licence them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:07 pm 
It looks awesome. :D

Just make sure you have a license for the song in the video and a model release of the people you photographed.

Just in case... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:08 pm 
All weddings I cover come with the standard model release forms. I make this clear right from the start even before the booking happens, and explain that photos may be used for publicity purposes. No one has ever objected to this.

The music licenses are always tricky, which is why I use stuff that's freely redistributable with a commercial Animoto license.

I got rid of the old gallery just to keep things simple and elegant. To me, the gallery is there to make a first impression. I've found that the video montage makes a much bigger (and better!) first impression than a static gallery. The quality of the video + photos usually means that prospective clients have "positive vibes" towards me when they get in touch, and that's so important in this line of business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:31 am 

I like the idea Phil and it certainly more satisfying than albums, especially when you use the actual wedding music, it brings tears to the eyes. I made a similar video of a wedding in 06 for my niece in the UK.

Since then I make video’s of all my holidays, in 08 after a 6 week holiday I took over 2600 shots, used around 1600 and put them in different folders in a menu, that way people don’t get bored and they can look at a particular section. I used picture project for this and another software package with professional looking menu’s to convert the video to DVD for Pal and NTSC for my family in Canada.

Cheers