Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:05 am 

Looking at some of the ads on craiglists, I don't see how I can commit to any project where the abuse is clearly on the side of the person who desire to obtain photo without paying any money.I know that for some it's the only way to gain experience but the abuse level that I have seen it ridiculous.

They are asking for professional gear with studio setup of course all for free. yeah right. The worst is that there is so many pro-wanna be hungry to get any job done that they will except anything to try to build a portfolio.

I firmly believe that any amateur work should be remunerated at an amateur rate. If you feel that you are ready to move on to semi-pro, then charge more on the next gig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:22 am 
I totally agree with you. I've done so much TFP and now its to the point where people are taking advantage. There comes a time where you pretty much need to put a stop to it and start charging people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 am 

Quote:
I don't see how I can commit to any project where the abuse is clearly on the side of the person who desire to obtain photo without paying any money
Are you saying you gain nothing or very little from having a model you can practice shooting and trying different lighting setups etc?

I suppose the comparison would be how much would a model charge you if you were to hire them?

I think you need to agree with the model that whilst you will try to get shots following their brief they should be open to you directing them so you can learn new techniques. They may want certain types of in studio portfolio shots whilst you want to practice shooting in urban landscapes. These are the kind of things you need to agree with them up front and get them to sign an agreement where you commit to deliver a set number of shots for their portfolio and they commit to a certain number of hours of modelling under your direction.

http://keystrokesukimages.com