Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:09 pm 
Hey guys,

So I put together a website, just want some opinions. Its supposed to be not serious cause I wanted to stand out from all the other sites. Also check out the photos, unfortunetely Picassa makes some of the colors in the photos look bland due to compression.

Thanks

Here is the link

As another shameless plug also check out the site of the Media company I work with.
Wanted Media

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:29 pm 

No offence, but I left the site after 10 seconds. I'm not going to solve a puzzle just to see your pictures.

Maybe this is a personal preference, but I think webdesign should not be cluttered, and it should be well laid out. Yours is more like a chaotic maze.

I guess you could call it style or art, but either way, I'm not going to search your whole site for pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:45 pm 
solve a puzzle? I'm confused, just click "the fantom's photos"...

that said, imo the layout is boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:01 pm 
No,no & no...
The website style has nothing to do with your photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:36 pm 
IMHO, its pretty poor, very confusing, starck and rather complicated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:27 am 
I can see your idea and it is very different. You could still keep with your idea but improve upon it I think.

I do agree that it doesnt relate to the style of your photos.

I understood, eventually, that hovering over the words would take me into each section but its clear at first look.

If I were looking for a site I would skip straight past this one, because I wouldnt take it seriously for a start, I dont like the name and then the first page isnt welcoming at all and it doesnt display any of your work. Having said all of that, I dont know what you are looking to get from having the site. I didnt look into the site that much im afraid and it just all felt a bit scary and I had my kids sitting here (something to also bear in mind, depending on your target audience)

It would seem to me that you were into comic strip or something, definately not the kind of photography you do.

You could stick with the black and white theme but I really think you need a really good picture on the front and if you want those words on the front, they could change colour when you hover over them?

I hope that this is useful rather than just critical

Kerry