Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:13 am 
Hi, In the future i might buy a 16-35L, 70-200L, ect.

And start a career in photography.

In the future I also want to change my camera body (in like 3 or more years).

5D, Mark III, Mark II are nice, but what will replace them ?

Will there be really better camera ? (I want to stay with Canon i Think)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:59 am 

As the amount of processing power that can go into a camera doubles every three years there sure will be progress on the processor as well as on the sensor front. Even if the manufacturers refrain from cranking up the resolution like mad they can use it to decrease noise and heating problems!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:50 pm 
yeah i guess they could make a 80 megapixels camera if they wanted, hasselblad already ahve a 40 mp , but it would require a 5000$ computer to edit it ! it guess it's too overkill, but id like a 16.7 mp or 20 mp like the mark ii. However the mark iin and mark iii are better it seems. well..wait and see.

on the canon learning center i discovered art wolfe photography. its awesome..i wish i could do pictures as good..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:00 am 

As they can already cram 10MP on a 5x7mm sensor it's easy to calculate that you can fit 8 times this amount into a 24x16mm sensor. So a 80MP APS-C sized sensor is already do-able (I know the yield yould be a little low). Let's hope that the manufacturers avoid going this route :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:55 pm 

After seeing a lot of MTF-resolution tests from the best Canon/Nikon lenses around, I doubt that it makes any sense to increase the sensor-density in APS-C much beyond 10-14MP and in FF beyond 14-20MP.
Why? The resolution of the best lenses at optimal aperture (around f5.6) barely exceed the limits of a 10MP APS-C sensor :shock:
So we're approaching the optical limits of the very best lenses of today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:23 pm 
hum..so what's next in terms of lens ? that's the question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:51 pm 

Well, I think that lens-resolution is pretty much at an end - development-wise. You know, that is not digital and it's not electronics so you cannot expect lenses to double in performance every 3 years.
Most design-benefits from new calculation programms have already been incorporated int the actual lens designs!
So don't hold your breath waiting for a jump in resolution :?