Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:03 pm 
Resonable write up.

Though, again, at least when i tried the D90 in the store the bottons on the D-pad did not feel bad. However I se how things can be different to different people. I bough a Sony A829 media player but cold nto settle on the buttons, had three different ones, but on each one there was a button that I did not like. Though I seemed to be in a minority, a very small one too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:06 pm 
Maybe I am missing something here, but I can honestly say, that I quite like my d-90. It simply blows the d-40 out of the water in all aspects. I admit that I wasn't impressed with the d-40 at all. The thing gave me nothing but grief and I got better results from my point and shoot.

I don't like these passing reviews from people who don't even own one. I could have slagged off the canon 50-d that I tried in the shop for five minutes, and say that I am not impressed, but I only had five minutes with the thing. The cold white balance? I never noticed this because I was too busy admiring the great results this camera gave me.

The d-90 is definitely not a second-rate camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:20 pm 
Kona08 wrote:
Maybe I am missing something here, but I can honestly say, that I quite like my d-90. It simply blows the d-40 out of the water in all aspects. I admit that I wasn't impressed with the d-40 at all. The thing gave me nothing but grief and I got better results from my point and shoot.

I don't like these passing reviews from people who don't even own one. I could have slagged off the canon 50-d that I tried in the shop for five minutes, and say that I am not impressed, but I only had five minutes with the thing. The cold white balance? I never noticed this because I was too busy admiring the great results this camera gave me.

He didn't say it was 'second rate'. He said the D300 was a more serious camera. At least that's what I understood. I have the D80 and D700. The D90 wasn't even considered. I would either have gone with the D300 or D700 which I have now. For a more experienced photographer, i.e those coming from A D70/D80, the D300 makes more sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:15 am 
Kona08 wrote:

You really shouldn't be so defensive of a review that doesn't heap glowing praise on your camera. Ed's passing review is going to be significantly different (and more valid) from your passing review of a Canon 50D.

1) He's a Nikonian, and he's familiar with Nikon systems. He's not exactly starting from scratch when handling a D90.
2) He's comparing it to the D300, D700 and D3. He uses a full frame camera, though I forget which one.

Don't get me wrong, the D90 is a good camera for the money. However, it's not perfect and Ed is free to air his grievances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:32 am 
Sorry for the rant, Greg and PGtips, points well taken. I know what you mean that going from a d80 or d70 to the next thing is a huge question, stay dx or go full frame? The d90 is not a logical upgrade from either of the previously mentioned cameras, I get that.
Thing is, the d90 works wonders for me. Thats all.