Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: E 410
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:36 pm 
Good point Leo, need to check the warranty card in the box.

Mine also has world wide warranty as it was bought in Australia. But only for 12 months as I chose to pay extra to extend it.

I believe if bought in USA world wide warranty costs more, same in most parts of SE Asia, but I do not know about Europe.

It is more of a legal and local law issue than a marketing one I think.

Post subject: too late????
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:15 pm 
Hope Not. But heres my 2 cents. Ive had the camera under a year.
I'm no expert reviewer but I"ll give you my perspective of everyday use. I go to concerts at night and im usually up pretty late hanging out with people. and at Night at first when i didnt know the camera it was terrible! It had this blinding flicker of light that annoyed and blinded people, it hunted forever to lock focus,. It was annoying! But then i got over the learning curb and turned the stupid flash thing off, switched my AF mode and all around became a better photographer. In day time it was a whole different story. Its fast to focus, sharp and light to carry around. I take it everywhere! Ive been really happy with my purchase. Things I don't like; the flash cast a shadow pretty much all the time and the Olympus flash isn't exactly cheap and its probably as big as the camera. No IS, so i have to lug a tripod sometimes, other times i just lean against the wall and shoot in bursts. 1 or 2 in 10 is usually sharp. And last i think some buttons are wasted, all the arrows should be a shortcut to something. (I'm really reaching here).
Heres the bottom line. I'm not looking at ISO noise comparisons all day, I'm not evaluating this or that, I'm Taking PICTURES!!! And last Wed When i was able to bring my camera to a Flogging Molly concert (irish punk band, with rough drunk crowds) and set it to "P" or auto, I got great usable pics, and the camera held up well.
Sadly for my 410 i got a d300 for everyday use. BUT I am absolutely keeping it b/c it will go where d300 cant! And i want that REALLY nice 7-14mm lens b/c Nikon's wide angle isn't as good.