Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:15 am 
Yodagolf wrote:
Does anyone know if this bag will fit in a 350d with a 70-300 on in the "ready" position?

I wondered if anyone has this long a lens on in the Slingshot 100AW or would you need the 200Aw to fit it in?

Any thoughts.

Glenn :D

'er indoors has a 350D with a EF-S 17-85 lens attached in a 100AW with room to spare beneath it and the standard 70-300 is not much longer, so I would say yes it would... mind you there ain't much room for anything else though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:32 am 
Thanks Roy, Iv've got a 17-85 and 70-300 and currently have an Orion Trekker that I got free with a magazine subscription.

I just like the idea of being able to swing the bag around and get at the camera for shooting.

70-300 barrell is about 3 inches longer by my reckoning.

Any other views?

Glenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:07 am 
I'm assuming by "70-300mm" you mean the Canon version right?

There are some useful user reviews here that might give you a better idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:01 am 

Yodagolf wrote:
Thanks Roy, Iv've got a 17-85 and 70-300 and currently have an Orion Trekker that I got free with a magazine subscription.

I just like the idea of being able to swing the bag around and get at the camera for shooting.

70-300 barrell is about 3 inches longer by my reckoning.

Any other views?

Glenn

Hi Yoda, we get the same magazine dropping through our doors, lol. Out of interest, did you get the August issue of PP? I didn't, or if I did, then it's gone AWOL.

Zorro.

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:21 am 
Slightly off topic....

Looks like there's a deal on those Orion Trekker II bags then as Digital Camera magazine are also giving them away with new subscriptions. They also have an option to go for a free Manfrotto 676B Monopod instead. Not bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:23 am 

TelexStar wrote:
Slightly off topic....

Looks like there's a deal on those Orion Trekker II bags then as Digital Camera magazine are also giving them away with new subscriptions. They also have an option to go for a free Manfrotto 676B Monopod instead. Not bad.

Take the monopod, the bag's too wee (and doesn't have tripod loops), lol.

Zorro.

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:30 am 
I probably would. I already have a bag that I'm happy with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:04 pm 
Thanks for the guidance and link to the camera bga site.

Looks like the slingshot 100 is a little small for having the Canon 70-300is on in in ther centre "ready" compartment".

Might need to look at the 200!?

Thanks again.

Glenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:26 pm 
I am looking into getting the 70-300mm VR to go with my 18-70mm lens and the D80 and have actually been looking at NEW bags over the net for the past hour or so, and then it dawned on me that you can actually change the configuration of the dividers in the bag and came up with this;

Now in the shot is a minolta 70-210mm lens which comes in at 19cm long. The 70-300mm VR is about 15cm long.

Short answer, i don't need to buy a new camera bag w00t. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:40 pm 
Yodagolf wrote:
Does anyone know if this bag will fit in a 350d with a 70-300 on in the "ready" position?

I wondered if anyone has this long a lens on in the Slingshot 100AW or would you need the 200Aw to fit it in?

Any thoughts.

Glenn :D

i have the 200aw and it takes 4 lenes and the camera with a big lens blus the top space or if you have more the 5 lenses go for 300aw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:33 pm 
Hi,

I have just bought the Lowpro slingshot 100, and must say it was a fantastic bag for a recent holiday. Everything has been thought of, this bag is fantastic, provides excellent protection for the camera, is really comfortable to wear, and as mentioned in the first post, you can wear the bag to the front which is great for going in shops and for walking in crowds of people you distrust :roll:

All in all, a great bag. I can even fit my wallet and an mp3 player inside!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:22 pm 
Indeed! This is the bag I'm taking for my 9 month trip around the world so I will be sure to put it through its' paces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:40 pm 
Thought id give you guys an update on how im getting on with my camera bag. I dont use it. Thats right lol. Ive got a back pack where the small section on the front of it is padded so I just chuck my D80 in there. It wouldnt work with a bigger lense, but I dont like carrying a camera bag thats big and chunky bag and which is so obvious you are carrying a DSLR in there, that I dont use it. I only plan to use it for when im travelling, but as far as going out to take photos, I'll stick with my back pack. That is, untill i get the 70-300VR i so badly want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:05 pm 
*update*

Now that I've got my 70-300, well I'm still using my backpack. I have two bubble wrap bags that i have my 70-300 in, in the main compartment of my back pack, and the 18-70 on my D80 body in the front.

Moral of the story is just question yourselves before you buy a camera bag. Do i NEED one. Personally I'm wishing I'd saved the £56 I spent on mine, and used it on putting it towards another lens. A backpack with a padded compartment can do the same job, while still being inconspicuous. All it means for me, is that I am careful when putting my bag down, and if I need to run at all. Other than that, the only thing I'm missing is an 'all weather' cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:03 pm 
beren23 wrote:
tombomba2 wrote:
I'm currently searching for a transport solution that can be attached to my belt e.g. for the flash or one additional lens plus something like a "gun holster" (at least that's what they're called in Germany) where you can put the camera with attached lens in and keep it close to your body on your front slightly to one side without it bobbing back and forth.

Anybody know a solution like this?

Perhaps you're looking for something like this?

The upper image is the plain belt and the lower one is an example of how you can equip it. It's made by Tamrac (http://www.tamrac.com/) and it's called Modular Accesory System. Also as a comic fan, the lower image suspiciously reminds me of Batman's utility belt :mrgreen:

Bye

OMG lol I would not dare!

Ps. Ner ner ner ner ner ner ner batman!!!!!!! lol!